-Chapter Thirty-nine-

(Play when queued)

The hair stylist was getting finished curling Sophie's hair. She had T minus forty-five minutes before having to get in place for the ceremony.

Having to get makeup done made her twitchy. Thankfully, she was able to choose a more natural look. It made things fo by quicker.

By the time all of that was done, it was her turn to head down the aisle. She hooked her arm with Keefe, and they walked to the end of the aisle, seperating to stand on opposite ends of the alter.

Soon, Ro and Cassius were making their way down to the altar. Ro's lips were spread into a tight smile. Cassius just had his nose upturned, looking as snobby as ever. When they had to go their separate ways, he placed a kiss on her cheek and went to sit down.

Sophie tried to stay serious, but it was quite difficult. She wondered how many guests there knew the truth about their marriage.

It went perfectly fine until the vows. Just behind Bo, Sophie was able to see Keefe snickering. She shot him a look. But when Ro and Bo went to kiss, he looked like he was about to bust a blood vessel. He was biting his lip so hard Sophie could've sworn she saw blood.

Sophie made a cut it out sign at him. When people started cheering, he let it out, doubling over. Everyone's celebrations drowned out the sound of his laughter.

Sophie could see him crying as he tried to pull himself together with the crowd quieting. Still, he was shaking with the held in mirth.

At the reception, she sat with Keefe at the table with his parents. Ro and Bo were sitting at the table beside them.

Different people were going up to volunteer for speeches. Eventually, when the last person did their speech, one last call was made.

When Keefe got up everyone at the two tables, Sophie included, groaned. It was not going to end well. He snickered as he took the microphone.

Ro leaned into Sophie's ear. "I swear, if that little twerp does anything to embarrass me-"

She was cut off by Keefe speaking. "My dear sister and new brother-in-law law. I wish you two a very happy marriage." His smirk was downright gleeful. "I hope I will get many, many, many nieces and nephews in the future. I know that your love runs deep and will never run dry."

"I'm gonna kill him," Ro decided.

He continued, "I know you two had to hide your love for far too long. I am extremely happy that you don't have to hide it anymore. I know you will have many years of joy and happiness ahead of you."

Ro turned to her parents. "Can I kill him once he gets off the stage?"

"You're an adult," is all Giselle said.

Once Keefe finished his speech, he came back to sit at the table. Ro turned to him.

"I am going to strangle you!"

He batted his lashes. "What do you mean? I'm just congratulating you and your new hubby."

"Don't you ever repeat that sentence again."

Bo finally joined in the conversation. "How do you put up with him? And does that mean I have to now as well?"

Ro pinched the bridge of her nose. "I just do. And we're bonded by law now, pal! You have to suffer just as much as I do!"

"Awww," Keefe cooed. "Marrital bonding! How sweet."

"Don't be surprised if you don't wake up tomorrow." She turned to Sophie. "How do you date him."