-Chapter Forty-three-

"Here," Sophie pointed to the table at the cafe. "This one's open. We can study here."

Keefe dropped off their bags by the table. "Want a coffee or something?" He gestured to a food court stall.

"Sure. I'll start getting our stuff set up while you do that."

She pulled out their computers and different textbooks. SATs were just around the corner. They were both unprepared. So last minute cramming it was!

Keefe came back, placing an iced coffee in front of her. He slid into the booth next to her.

"Thank you," she said, taking a sip of it. "I did not get any sleep last night."

Keefe drank some of his own. "You're welcome. By the way, Wylie's working today. He told us both hi."

"Oh, is he? I'll we'll have to stop by before we leave. But first," she pulled out another textbook the size of her head. "We've got to deal with this."

A groan. "Do we have to," he whined.

"Yes, we do." She plopped a book in front of him. "Get to reading."

"Y'know," he started. "This much studying might just stop my heart."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "You'll be fine. Now. Study."

Keefe sighed, but gave in. She popped in her earbuds so she could listen to her music. With that, she zoned out and focused on her books.

She wasn't aware of how much time was passing as her eyes scanned the words on the pages. She forgot where she even was until Keefe laid his head on her shoulder. She jolted back to reality.

"Oh, sorry," she mumbled. "I was just focused. What is it?"

"It's been an hour and a half," he told her. "We should probably start wrapping up already."

"Has it?" She checked the time on her phone. Sure enough, it was already five 'o clock. "Oh. Alright."

They cleaned up their things. They still had a small amount of time before having to start heading home, so they took a walk around the mall, staring through the windows.

"Hey, we should go in there," Keefe suggested, pointing to a window with different sweatshirts. "Get myself a new hoodie cause you stole all of mine."

"Did not," Sophie argued.

He raised an eyebrow. "You really thought that was your size then?" He eyed the hoodie she was currently wearing. It was, in fact, his.

"It's oversized," she attempted.

"Yeah... sure is. Three sizes too big? It's nearly to your knees."

"In my defense. You're just tall... and it's comfy."

He snorted. "Yeah, why do you think I got it."

Sophie laughed. She snuggled into his arms, letting them wrap around her. She always felt better in his hugs. They made her feel warm and fuzzy.

Without warning, she felt him lift her up. She let out a small shriek before getting the hint to wrap her legs around his waist.

She nuzzled against his chest, feeling the soft rhythm of his heart. He placed a kiss on the top of her head.

After staying like that for a few minutes, Keefe murmured, "We should probably start leaving now, huh?"

Sophie sighed. "Yeah, probably."

"I'll go if you start."

"Bub," she told him. "You're holding me. You're gonna have to set me down first."

"Hmph," he stuck his nose into the crook of her neck in protest against the idea.