88

"You're gonna need to leave work for your maternity leave." Alex said as she began examining Lena. "What? Why?" Lena groaned. "Cause in matter of days or less your little girl will be arriving." Alex said. "A girl! Kara! We're having a girl!" Lena gushed. "I can't wait to meet her." Kara replied. "I'll call Sam and we'll get you a quick impromptu baby shower later today." Alex stated. "That sounds good." Kara replied. "I'm ready to go home. I need to call Jess, and Sam to let them know I won't be in for a while." Lena said. "Alright. Well we'll see you guys later." Kara said as she helped Lena off the bed.

A few hours later the penthouse was filled with guests with loads of packages. "Jess! You didn't have to get us anything!" Lena said as she watched her assistant put down an arm full of wrapped boxes. "I know I didn't have to...but this is a special occasion! And I do love buying baby things!" Jess said. "Drinks anyone? We have strawberry lemonade, regular lemonade and some mimosas. There's also a large variety of food courtesy of my mom." Alex asked. Kara came out of the kitchen with two glasses of strawberry lemonade and two plates of food. "Lee, sit, eat." Kara said as she handed her the cup and food.

"Thank you darling. Ruby are you excited to meet your cousin?" Lena asked. "Yes! I can't wait!" Ruby exclaimed happily. "Good, I'm excited to meet her too." Lena replied. "Have you decided on a name?" Sam asked. "Yes we have...Kar, would you like to tell everyone what we've decided on?" Lena asked. "Of course darling. In the car ride home we discussed several different names, and we finally decided on Lori Elizabeth (Zor-El) Luthor- Danvers" Kara said.

"That's a lovely name!" Eliza said as she hugged her daughter and daughter in law. "Ok! Present time! As the future favorite auntie I'm going first with handing you my gift first." Alex said. Kara picked up the box and held it as Lena opened it. "Ooooh!" Lena exclaims as she pulls out a pile of clothes of various sizes. "Thank you Alex." Kara said as Lena put the clothes back in the box.

One by one everyone handed their gifts over to Kara and Lena. "This one's from Ruby." Sam said. Kara opened the envelope to see a homemade book of 'Free babysitting tickets'. "How cute Ruby! Thank you sweetheart!" Kara said. "You're welcome Aunt Kara, they're meant for date nights." Ruby replied. After the party ended Kara, Sam and Alex set about putting everything away while Ruby and Eliza kept Lena company in the living room.