71

They were happy to be back in their own home again. They loved Spain and everything about it but they were happy to be home again. "It's so nice to be back home again." Lena sighed as they sat on the sofa. "Yes it is." Kara replied. "So...do you think we could be pregnant?" Lena asked. "I'm not sure. I could try to listen to you and see if I hear a second heartbeat....or we could go see Alex." Kara suggested. "Try the listening thing first. Then we can make an appointment with Alex." Lena replied. Kara nodded as she lay her head down on Lena's abdomen. She closed her eyes and concentrated on listening for a foreign heart beat.

It took a couple minutes to hear what she was listening for but she found it. She quickly pulled her head up and looked at Lena with wide eyes. "Lee! We're pregnant!" Kara exclaimed. "We are! There's a baby in there?" Lena asked as she pointed to her abdomen. "Yes." Kara replied with a smile on her face. "We're gonna be moms!" Lena gushed. "Yes we are!" Kara squealed. Lena lunged at Kara wrapping herself around Kara's body. "I love you." Lena whispered. "I love you too Lee." Kara whispered. They remained seated together on the sofa for a while before separating so that they could order some food. "What are you in the mood for?" Kara asked. "Hmm pizza? Maybe invite Sam and Alex over and tell them the news?" Lena suggested. "That's a good idea. I'll order the food, you can call them if you want." Kara replied.

A half hour later Sam and Alex arrived at the penthouse ready for the first girls night since before the wedding. "So we brought wine!" Sam said. "Oh ok. Go ahead and put it there." Lena said. "Do you want some Lee?" Sam asked. "No, I'm ok with my strawberry lemonade." Lena replied. Alex looked at her with an odd expression. "Why not? You pregnant or something?" Alex asked teasingly. However the faces Lena and Kara made confirmed Alex's thought. "WHAT! YOUR PREGNANT!" Alex exclaimed.

"Yea...I listened to Lena's abdomen and heard a heartbeat inside it." Kara replied. "OH WOW!" Sam yelled. "Yea...well thats why we wanted you both to come over tonight. We wanted to tell you the good news!" Lena said. "Good news? This is amazing news!" Sam squealed.