sixty-eight.

Two Years Later
Indianapolis, Indiana

"It's WNBA Gameday! Welcome back to Double Team, your favorite show for breaking down the action. I'm Jessica Williams, alongside the one and only Paige Bueckers! We are coming to you live from Gainbridge Fieldhouse, and as you can see, the fans behind us are going absolutely crazy."

"That might be because they won a championship recently," Paige chimes in, feigning annoyance.

"Championship, you say?" Jessica responds, reaching under the table to grab the Finals trophy and setting it down with a wide grin. "Well, look what I've got!"

Paige rolls her eyes, "Oh, we're doing this now?" She reaches for her own trophy. "I'm glad you did that because I brought this!" She proudly places her MVP trophy beside Jessica's Finals trophy.

Jessica laughs. "See, I knew you'd try to one-up me, so I came prepared." She dramatically sets down not just one but two Finals MVP trophies, followed by three regular season MVP trophies. "Checkmate, Bueckers."

Paige leans back in her chair, laughing. "Alright, you win this round, Williams. But I could've brought my UConn trophy. You know, the ones still in Storrs?"

Jessica waves a hand, "Please, I'd just raise you my EuroLeague trophy. Let's not pretend we don't both have shelves full of hardware."

Paige chuckles, shaking her head, "You just love bringing up all your trophies, don't you? Your ego's as big as your trophy case, and that's saying something."

Jessica grins mischievously, "Hey, I've earned the right to brag a little.

Paige laughs, "Okay we're getting off-topic. Today we've got five games on the schedule, and I know everyone's buzzing about the Storm-Fever matchup. It's gonna be a wild one with Caitlin Clark and Kate Martin facing off against Azzi Fudd and Nika Mühl."

"But," Jessica interjects, "Before we get into the matchups, let's talk about the elephant in the room."

Paige raises an eyebrow, "Oh? And what would that be?"

Jessica laughs, "You know exactly what I'm talking about. The internet's going wild, and once again, they think I'm married to not one, but two WNBA stars. Caitlin and Kate. You wanna explain that, Paige?"

Paige bursts out laughing, clearly pleased with herself, "Oh, you mean the rumors? I might've fueled that a little. What can I say? You're basically married to them at this point. You're always hanging around them. Might as well make it official."

Jessica rolls her eyes, smiling, "I hang around a lot of people. That doesn't mean I'm married to them."

Paige winks at the camera, "Come on, Jess. You know you've got that whole 'sister wives' situation going on. Caitlin's your superstar, Kate's your three-point specialist—"

Jessica shakes her head, laughing, "You really love pushing this joke, huh?"

Paige shrugs, "Hey, if the shoe fits! Besides, it's all in good fun. Everyone knows you're only officially married to Kate, but Caitlin? She's basically your basketball soulmate."

Jessica looks at Paige, her gaze softening, "No Paige, that would be you."

"Wait really?" Paige asks.

"Yes," Jessica says with a laugh.

"Wait so am I your third wife?" Paige teases.

Jessica rolls her eyes again but can't help grinning, "No, and for the record, I'm only married to one WNBA star, thank you very much. Paige here just loves stirring the pot."