sixty-one.

Jessica and Caitlin were fighting and when Jessica and Caitlin had a problem, everyone had a problem.

There had nearly been several altercations in the Fever practice because neither one would let the other live down a mistake. There were nearly several fights in games because Caitlin and Jessica were at each other's necks. The Fever's undefeated record quickly became a memory as the two teammates who were once playing as though they could read each other's minds began to play as though they had never met before.

The Fever had traveled to Chicago for their game. Caitlin was sitting in the back of the bus while Jessica was sitting in the front, blasting her music in her headphones. Kate wasn't sitting with either. Instead, she and Aliyah had taken seats in the middle of the bus just in case the two randomly started to argue with each other and had to be separated. That had occurred on more than one occasion and required at least four people to separate them.

"You wouldn't happen to know what's going on with them, would you?" Aliyah asks Kate softly as they sit on the bus.

"Unfortunately, I do," Kate says, and Aliyah's eyes widen.

"Oh my god," Aliyah says, "Kate I'm so sorry."

Kate wonders what Aliyah is apologizing for until she realizes that Aliyah thinks something has happened between Jessica and Kate. 

"Don't be sorry," Kate says, "The reason that they're acting like this is because nothing has happened."

Aliyah blinks, "Wait what do you mean?"

"Jessica and Caitlin are acting insane because Caitlin wants something and Jessica is in denial about wanting the same thing," Kate says.

"Is that thing each other?" Aliyah asks.

"Mhm," Kate says.

Aliyah's brows furrow, "And you're okay with that?"

"I love Jessica and I just want her to be happy," Kate says with a shrug.

"Even if it takes Caitlin?" Aliyah asks.

"Even if it takes Caitlin."

Aliyah stares at Kate and pats her on the shoulder.

Wintrust Arena is packed, and Jessica closes her eyes as she listens to the cheers before jump ball. When she opens her eyes, she meets Caitlin's gaze on the other side of the floor. The ball is thrown up in the air and Kamilla Cardoso taps it into the hands of Chennedy Carter. The guard dribbles up the court quickly and passes it to Angel who lays it up with ease.

Angel claps her hands together as she gets back on defense. Gabby takes the ball out and passes it to Caitlin who dribbles the ball up the court. Aliyah comes over and sets a screen, Caitlin uses it before taking a step back and shooting the three but missing it off the front of the rim. Angel gets the rebound and passes it to Chennedy who dribbles down the court. Jessica runs down the court, but she's slower than she used to be and Chennedy knocks down the layup.

Jessica takes the ball out of the basket and inbounds it to Caitlin who catches the ball and walks it up the court.

"Hey Jess," Caitlin says, "Why don't you play defense? I mean you were Defensive Player of the Year last year."

Jessica rolls her eyes, "I'll play defense when you can make a shot. Two games and not a single three made."

"You know I've been doing a lot of thinking," Caitlin begins, "And I realize why you're having such a hard time with everything."

Jessica's brow furrows unable to believe that Caitlin is bringing their problems up in the middle of a basketball game.

"You can't accept the fact that I made you fall in love with me and that I broke your heart. If we were playing our little game like when did when we were younger, then I'd be the ultimate winner," Caitlin says.