Spider Society (Dendro edition) p7

Part 7 (Last part for now...) Of the genshin spiderverse

Including all the CURRECT dendro characters (except for Kirara because idk who that is? I haven't played in forever. She'll be mentioned tho.)

————

"They hate us

"They hate us."

"Don't say that."

"No, I'm serious, they really do."

Tighnari and Kaveh had been going through some old files and books that Nahida said they should take a peek at. She's all about the knowledge and wisdom that sometimes it feels like being a part of her branch is just being a poor scholar.

Kaveh groaned again and shut the book he had barely looked through. "All we do is sit around. We've gone on what, two missions since the branch formed?"

Tighnari hummed and scanned an old scroll. The top of it read 'BEST METHODS FOR WEB-SLINGING'. He didn't go much deeper into it than that; the title. "We're still fairly new, you have to give it some time."

"Are you serious? Don't tell me you enjoy being used as a groundskeeper and librarian." He reached for another book, and it nearly crumbled at the touch. The cover was withered so he had no clue what it was supposed to say.

"No, I don't. But am I really going to complain to Nahida? She can hear you, you know." He murmured and put his hands on his hips, observing just how many resources they had at their disposal. "We can become well-informed here."

Kaveh completely disregarded that book and reached for something across the table that Tighnari had left there. Something pulled from one of the newer, updated shelves. He held it up so he could read it.

"The Cryo Team defeats the Titan and rescues the dimension from collapse." He reads out loud and then curls his fist around it. The crinkling noise making Tighnari's ear twitch.

"Hey hey, if you're gonna get mad, don't take it out on the documents." He scolded. "Lisa will electrocute us into next week if we wreck anything."

Both of them shudder at the thought. Kaveh releases his hold.

The door swings open and in walks Nahida. Behind her, Baizhu. The doctor gives the two boys a wave. "Good evening, I hope all is well with you both."

Kaveh softens up and returns the wave. "Nothing new. What brings both of you over here?"

Nahida climbs up into the large cushioned chair before she sits on it and folds her arms. "I intended to use the comms to get into contact with everyone, but something is interfering with them. I knew you two were in here, and heard you were slightly bored. I came to see if you could gather everyone for me?"

Tighnari shoots a look at Kaveh. He knew all too well that Nahida is always listening. Or at least when she's in the area. "Of course we can. But, shouldn't we figure out why the comms aren't working? Did you try the watches?" He asked.

She nods. "I found Baizhu on the way to get to you guys. I can't even contact Miguel which is weird because that connection should never be severed. When I tried to send a signal to all the watches, it got cancelled immediately."