7

[luke]

"So Luke, how was it touring?" My moms boyfriend Max asked. I never thought i could hate someone as bad as I hate him. I hate the way how he gets away with everything he did in the past with my mom. But I sure as hell won't let him pass by me.

"And why are you talking to me again?" I questioned rolling my eyes, keeping my eyes on the television in front of me.

"Luke." He sighed. "I'm trying to leave all that in the past."

"Well I'm not." I snapped finally looking over at him. "Just because my mom is to stupid to see that you haven't changed doesn't mean I'm just as stupid."

"People change." He said sitting down on the couch by me. He didn't even look like he was sorry. It just looked like he had to find a way to me just cause my mom wants him too. "Give me a chance."

"Your really funny." I snapped standing up from the couch making my way to the door. "I'll never forgive you for what you did, and that's a promise." I last said slamming the door. I hate him so Bad. Every Time I look at him I get a knot in my stomach. my mom always worked till the evening and he had a day off today so I guess I'll need to find a way to stay out the house for a while, or more like the whole day.

What a surprise right when I walked out charlie did.

"I swear I think your stalking me." I said as I waited for the elevator.

"No." She rolled her eyes. "I'm just hungry." She shrugged.

"Same." I lied. I didn't really have anything to do so why not get something to eat.

We stood in silence in the elevator which was awkward.

"I've never seen you smile." I stated breaking the silence. It was the first thing that popped up in my head when I looked over at her. She had that face of when you hate the world. I don't know her story but I could tell its affected her.

"I don't have a reason to so I don't." She shrugged looking down at the ground.

Charlie was actually really attractive but it would be weird to flirt with her to get it since I'm staying right in front of her and I drive her to her therapist almost everyday. I wouldn't want her catching feelings. She would even let me anyway, she's so naive. If calum was here they'd be perfect for each other.

"Yeah but everyone smiles, and laughs. I haven't heard you laugh at all." I say looking over at her as she stared at the ground.

"I just don't want to okay?" She sighed finally looking up at me.

"Okay." I rolled my eyes. She's such a downcast. Everything she has to snap at me about and it's annoying to be honest but sometimes I like getting her mad.

Once we got off the elevator and outside charlie looked like a lost puppy. "You can come with me?" I suggested.

"I don't know." She shrugged.

"Cmon." I nudged her to follow me.

-

We made it to the nearest diner that I remember I use to come with my mom all the time but it all changed the day she met max.

We sat at a table by the window. It felt weird sitting here with charlie. She seems like she's upset. Well she always does but today she looks even more upset.

"You want to play 20 questions?" I asked. She really wouldn't tell me anything about herself when I ask her straight up. Maybe if we play this stupid game maybe she'd tell me something.

"No." She said shaking her head.

"Why? Cmon please?" I groaned.

"I don't want to." She sighed.