37

[third person]

It's been almost 2 months since luke had spent without charlie and he hasn't gotten any better. He's actually gotten worse. He hasn't been to the studio much, and always when they perform he has no energy. The life was drained out of him.

So the boys decided to send him back to Sydney again since New Years is coming soon. But luke didn't want to go onto a new year without her.

Luke didn't fight this time. He didn't care about where he was or where he would end up. If charlie wasn't there it was all the same.

Luke stepped into his moms apartment building remembering all the times he had with charlie here and he just wanted to cry and scream but he couldn't. Because he didn't have anymore cry left in him neither screams. He's going to have to love with this pain because he deserve it. That's what he thinks. But no one deserves such a horrid pain.

He reaches the 10th floor knocking on his moms door and his tears were starting to built up again.

Shortly after his mom opens.

"Oh honey." She sighs bringing luke into a hug as he cries out.

She pulls away bringing him inside and sitting him on the couch with her.

"Im sorry honey." She says wiping away his tears.

"I miss her so much." Luke cries letting his face drop to his hands.

"I know it sucks honey." She pats his back. "But someone's meant out there for you."

"I don't want just any one , I want charlie." Luke picks up his face wiping away his tears.

"Im sorry." His mom sighs.

"It's fine." Luke wipes away his tears. "I need to meet Calum at the cafe, I'll be back later."

The boys decided to come back to Sydney this time with luke. They felt that as his best friends they should be here for him at times like this. So they paused they're tour just for luke to recover.

Luke stepped outside into the hall way wiping away his tears.

He looks up to find jonah walking out of his apartment.

"Luke!" Jonah says surprised. "Your back."

"Yeah." Luke shrugs. Every time he looks at Jonah he thinks of charlie. Everything reminds him of her.

"What brings you here?" Jonah ask as he gets into the elevator with Luke.

"Um, I need to recover." Luke shrugs. He was also surprised from how casual jonah was. He wasn't okay and it's been two months since Charlie's incident imagine if luke was her brother, he should be just as hurt as him. "The charlie thing."

"Oh yeah she isn't taking it well either." Jonah shrugs.

"What do you mean?" Luke questions but get interrupted by the doors opening.

He steps out and jonah quickly walks away in a rush like if he was late for something. But luke couldn't stop thinking about what he said.

She isn't taking it well either

She's gone, so luke doesn't think she took it well. He thinks she was on the phone with jonah before the crash so maybe she's explained how she felt. She must of been broken. All his fault once again.

Luke throw on his hoodie stepping outside and making his way to the cafe to meet the boys with all these thoughts drowning him.

-
-

Calum, ashton, and michael were in the cafe waiting for luke to show up. They hoped he would.

Right now michael went off to use the bathroom real quick while Calum and ashton sat in silence.

"What are we going to do?" Ashton questions playing with the straw of his coffee.

"I don't know." Calum sighs. "He can't be part of the band if he doesn't want to do anything. Were falling apart."

"I know." Ashton sighs. "I wish things would of went different."

Calum was ready to reply but he got interrupted when michael ran up to them.

"Guys!" Michael says out breathe. "I think I saw charlie."

"What? No she's dead mike." Calum shakes his head. She wasn't a survivor, michael probably confused someone for her.

"Im serious, she has crutches, and she's wearing a Maroon beanie, she just passed by the window she's in line." Michael says.

Ashton And Calum look at each other thinking Michael's insane. This would be expected from luke but not from him.

They sigh getting up and following michael. They stop next to him as they point at a girl in the corner faced away from us, waiting for her coffee with crutches under each of her arms.

"That's it, I'll show you it's not her." Ashton rolls his eyes walking up to the girl and tapping her shoulder.

She turns around shocking ashton, and shocking her too.

Calum looks to see that it was charlie. But he still couldn't believe it. They've thought she was dead for so long. He couldn't find words.

"Oh my god." Charlie says. "What are you guys doing here?"

"What are you doing here!" Ashton yells. "We thought you were dead!"

"I was one of the survivors." Charlie says in disbelief that they're here.

"Wait what?" Calum still doesn't believe she's here in front of him.

"Luke thinks your dead! He hasn't been the same anymore, all he does is cry and go for midnight drives." Michael states as charlie shakes her head.

"It's better that way." Charlie shakes her head trying to grab her coffee but Calum grabs it for her.

"We need to talk." He says.

They walk over to a corner table in the cafe.

"Luke hasn't been happy. He really regret what he did, I can tell by his act." Michael sighs.

"But I can't see him." Charlie shakes her head. She had a couple bruises on her face as well. You could tell she was in the accident but none of the boys could believe she's still here.

"I know, it hurt you a lot, but he's hurting too, maybe just show him that your still alive at least please." Calum begs. He just hoped that it would bring luke back to life.

"Im sorry." Her voice fading out. "I- I can't do this."

She turns around to try and walk away from them but she bumps into someone making her almost trip and fall over but he grabs her, helping her balance again, as he looked down at her.

"Char?"