25

[Luke]

I felt so horrible these past 5 days. Last time I left it off with Charlie I told her to disappear. But I felt awful. I started to learn how not to need Bridgit but I miss charlie. I've tried coming around and asking for her but it would be that no one answers or Jonah answers and says she's not there. I just want to apologize. Everything is just turning on me and I hate it.

I said the words charlie hated the most that day and put them all in a sentence.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard my phone ring. I sigh looking at the caller ID to find ashton calling. I decide to pick up for once. I'm such a dick head to everyone and now I'm starting to see I need to stop that.

"Hello." I say softly pacing back and forth in my temporary room.

"Hey man." Ashton says. "I saw what happened, sorry I just called now, I didn't see it till now."

"It's fine." I sigh. "I'm fine." I lie running my fingers threw my hair.

"Dude, I'm sorry man, she's an attention seaker. You deserve someone who will be there for you." Ashton says. "Just stop having so much sex dude."

"I did have one girl who was." I state. "But I kinda fucked things up with her."

"What, who?" Ashton ask. "It's not the girl in the video is it? Cause you didn't do anything wrong."

"No." I sigh. "It's my other best friend."

"Then go fix it!" Ashton states.

"I'm trying." I groan. "I have to go now."

"Alright, call me soon." Ashton says. I say okay and hang up the phone.

I decided to try again with charlie. She can't hide from me forever.

I make my way out my room ready to leave the apartment door but my mom calls after me. I sigh turning around to see that the whole house is dark. Couldn't they turn on a light.

"Do you think you can go to the roof of the building to check our light box? I think it's something with the buttons, our number box is the number of our apartment." My mom ask.

"Fine." I sigh, after a moment of pause, walking out the door and slamming it. I went across the hall and knocked on Jonah's apartment door.

It took a couple seconds and Jonah opened up the door.

"Hey." He sighs looking upset.

"What's wrong?" I question noticing the change of mood since yesterday.

"Just got some bad news, well more bad for charlie." Jonah sighs.

"What?" I question a bit confused.

"Well, Charlie's guardian in New York, the one that took care of her after the accident, she's in the hospital, she's dieing from lung cancer ." Jonah says, like if the words were hard for him to say. "She just ran off."

I felt so horrible for charlie. She's always loosing everyone the most important to her. I needed to apologize to her.

I decided to check out the box on the roof real quick then maybe go to the abandoned park where charlie could be at. I reached the last floor, taking the stairs up to the roof.