33

[luke]

I felt so bad what charlie had to deal with these couple of days. On Jenni's funeral she couldn't even show up. She Told me she didn't want to go because if she saw her getting buried it felt real that she was gone and she couldn't handle that.

We delayed Charlie's flight a couple days back since the whole Jenni thing. She wanted to stay back until she felt it was right to leave.

"Hey charlie, you wanna play some games?" Michael ask. The boys have been trying to distract her a bit to make her feel a bit better. I like how they've started to grow on charlie. It might of been a short time but they get along real well.

"It's fine." Charlie sighs. "I don't feel like playing." She shrugs giving him a small smile which I knew was fake.

"Babe." I groan hugging her loosely. "We should do something." I just wanted to distract her from all of this. She was doing so good and maintaining  happy. I didn't want this to make her , her old self again.

"Yeah, the one direction boys are throwing a small party at the bar next to the studio we visited last time tonight at 10." Ashton states shrugging. "Maybe we should go."

"Yeah so you can distract yourself." Michael adds.

"But im only 17." Charlie states. "How am I going to get in?"

"We're all underage except ashton." Calum says. "We have ways."

"I don't know, I promised not to drink." I sigh. I made a promise with charlie that I wouldn't drink or get drunk anymore. I didn't want to make her angry.

"Hey, only today okay?" Charlie ask sighing.

"Okay." I reply as she rest her head on my shoulder.

"We're going to party like men tonight!" Michael gets up chanting.

"Shut up, im the only legal adult here." Ashton laughs.

"Fuck you." Michael rolls his eyes.

"Hey don't swear." Ashton adds.

"I could do whatever I want im punk rock." Michael scoffs walking away.

"No your not you have pink hair." Calum rolls his eyes.

"This is normal for ya." I tell charlie.

"Yeah." She laughs. "Normal."

-
-

"What's this song called?" Charlie questions as she swings back and forth higher on the swings we were at. Right now we're at the park acting like children. I've been keeping charlie busy so she won't over think.

"It's called wrapped around your finger." I say as we listen to my phone which is out loud. Charlie wanted to listen to what type of music we play and stuff so im showing her a couple I have downloaded. "It's one of our older songs."

"It's good." She smiles jumping off the swing.

"JESUS!" I yell. "You could of broke something." I laugh sitting on the grass as charlie lays down on it next to me.

"But I didn't." She winks as I lay back next to her grabbing her hand in mine.

Charlie grabs my phone scrolling threw the playlist.

"Close as strangers ?" She says sounding more like a question. She starts playing it as we lay on the grass watching the clouds listening to the song. Last time me and charlie layed on the grass and watched the sky was in Sydney, and everything was broken, but it seems now we're fixed back together a bit.