Twenty-seven || Jensen

Hey! How are you doing?

So I wanna talk to y'all 'bout some stuff, if that's cool. You've got a nice, long, fluffy chapter to look forward to so just hear me out, okay?

So I've been listening to your comments, and it seems you want more character development on behalf of the rest of the Elemental squad. Believe me, I want it too, and I have ideas.

I realize I've been favoring the trio of Tide, Jensen, and Coal. (And Hale by extension.) But that's just how the story goes on the timeline, I want to fit in certain things at certain times and that requires certain POV's and I'm sorry that it's been kind of rotating through the same two or three people.

But I will fix that! You will get your character development!

Also, I'd like to draw attention to the fact that 1) I have over 500 followers. That's INSANE guys, I mean, over 5 0 0  f o l l o w e r s. That's half of 1000.
^now that we've determined that I can in fact do math, moving on to number 2.

So I finished The Elementals a couple months ago, I think? Yeah, and let's see, it's
•at over 400K reads
^guys, FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND READS OH MY GOD
•it's been #3 in the Fantasy category.
Out of the 1000 stories chosen to be in the list
Out of the millions of stories on Wattpad
NUMBER 3 GUYS I'M FREAKIN OUT
Not to mention that Ignite has been at #22 and just hanging out in the under 100s which is SO COOL

That's so awesome and it's because of you guys and you people are amazing, so thank you.

Alright so dedication! Yeah, this chapter goes to morganshadowhunter, because she r/v/c and has a pretty snazzy book you should check out, you know, if you want.

OH YEAH I JUST REMEMBERED PLEASE READ THIS okay so a couple people have recommended songs that they think represent a ship or a person and I really liked them, and I'm dying for new music so if you guys have a favorite song or something comment or message it to me because I neeeeeed more music. It doesn't even have to be connected to this book, I just want music suggestions. I feel like music is a great way to connect and understand people. So send me your favorite song!

[]||[]||[]

Jensen Alexander Boone had said the words "I love you" to exactly four people in his lifetime. His mom and dad were the first two, because Jensen had loved his parents. He'd loved his mother's wild halo of blonde hair, his father's broad grin, the music of their laughter.

And then they died.

Jensen tried not to think about it.

He remembered the first (and only) time he said it to Coal.

It was back when they were eleven, and hiding in the bushes behind a high schooler's house as police sirens wailed around the corner. It had been Jensen's idea (of course) to sneak in with the older orphanage kids to the party. He hadn't anticipated the alcoholic part of the deal.

So they were holding their breaths, clothes smudged with dirt, lives flashing before their wide eyes because they were eleven and didn't understand how prison worked and Jensen was desperately trying to tell Coal but all he could keep saying was that he was okay to be in jail for the rest of his life with him and then finally he spat out in a stutter, "I-I think I kinda so-sorta maybe might love you a little bit."

So Coal looked at him, said "Duh, I love you too, stupid," and then told him to shut up before they got caught.

Tide was the fourth person, because though she hated to admit her faults, she could look past the ones in others. And Jensen had a lot of faults.