Sixty-five || Ant Power

Hey guys! How are you?

Chapter 66 is already up on Inkitt, if you would follow the link on my profile that will bring you to it and would be amazing. I thank you all for supporting me the way you have.

I figure you must be getting sick of these things, I have an unfortunate tendency to ramble, but I have some info on the change in rating of this book (it's not terrible, nothing drastic, I promise).

But first, the feedback I've received on the last chapter and through messages has been so wonderful, and I'd like to thank all of you for hanging on with me through this whole thing, my presence and my absence. You guys are really important to me, as a whole and individually. I read every comment, even if I can't think of a witty reply in time, and each one is wonderful because I get to see you like "hey!!!! I know your user!! your comments are amazing!!" or "whoa! someone new is here, thank you for reading and welcome to the family!!!" Each and every one of you― readers, voters, commenters, PMers― you've helped me continue to create and write this story. I appreciate that more than anything. Thank you.

now, second, IMPORTANT PSA INVOLVING RATINGS!! Obviously time has passed as I've written The Elementals and Ignite, and I've been getting older and learning stuff and growing, and my characters have been growing along with me. I've had these guys in my head since I was seven, and them maturing with me is one of the most important aspects of me writing their stories. This growing is especially true with Tide and Coal. Their relationship has evolved with each new thing I learn and experience (good and bad), in terms of emotion, what is healthy and unhealthy, and what other kids in my orbit have done. Which brings me to my point: Tide and Coal have been together for about a year and a half in book time, around three years in real time. Things escalated as they grew up and became more comfortable with each other, and as I became more comfortable with the idea of physical relationships and the things they entail. I found myself testing limits, skirting around topics and getting reeeeeal close to them but never actually going through. I'm working on it.

Healthy relationships are based on communication, respect, and support. Clearly, no one has a perfect relationship, especially if you live on the run with the apocalypse upon you. But that doesn't mean communication is any less important (it probably makes it even MORE essential).

So as the story progresses, this chapter and on, I'm going to try and address the changing, maturing aspects of Tide and Coal's relationship. I won't (repeat: WILL NOT) be adding any graphic sex scenes or swears or vocabulary that would make this book R or whatever. They're sixteen and minors so obviously not, but also because I know a lot of my audience is on the younger side and listen, I know you're mature and can handle it, but that doesn't mean you should. And, honestly? I don't think I could write something like that with any level of accuracy or non-awkwardness, so I'll save you from that cringe-worthy read. However, I do think establishing and showing how Tide and Coal have grown into this experience with each other and learned to communicate is extremely important, a lot for me and hopefully for you all reading.

So without spoiling anything (I hope), I'd like to warn you guys that there are "do we do it or not do it" type thoughts and conversations entering the playing field here. I might just be acting dramatic and making this a much bigger deal than it is, but I really don't want to smack anyone in the face with something they don't want to read. It's not polite. I'll warn you and then smack you. Common smacking courtesy.

Seriousness aside, dedication goes to @Little_Saphire21!! Your votes and comments have helped motivate me to keep chugging at this story even when my brain was like "nooooooo." I appreciate.

Without further ado: I hope you have a lovely existence and enjoy the chapter!!

[][][]