Chapter 43

Sunday morning, I woke up to the sound of heavy rain pouring outside. Nolan appears to be dead asleep, oblivious to the the sound of the pouring rain and the boom of the thunder. I sneakily get out of Nolan's embrace, not wanting to wake him up. Hearing him groan, switching sleeping position, I held a breath as I watch him, expecting him to wake up, but luckily he doesn't, which makes me let out the breath I've been holding. I went to the bathroom to do my business. It's our last day here in California and I have work tonight, so I'm guessing that our flight would be somewhere in the afternoon. Nolan hasn't yet tell me of our plans for the day, but seeing the rain outside, I don't know if the plans will be changed or not.

As I look out the window, I feel pair of arms wrapping itself around me. Nolan's head is place on my shoulders.

"Good morning, babe." He place tiny kisses on my neck, tightening his grip on me.

Giggling as I give him more access to my neck. "Morning." I bite my lips, trying not to moan aloud. He presses more kisses, then whispers in my ear.

"It appears to be raining outside."

"No way, Sherlock." I snort, then laughs when I feel his hands tickling my sides. "Stop!" He doesn't. I laugh, kick, jerk as I stand. Nolan keeps me steady as I squirm, laughing with me as he tickles me. "Nolan Andrew Phillips! Stop tickling me!"

"Okay. Okay." Nolan stops tickling, putting his hands up all innocently. I turn around, seeing his cheeky smile on his face. I brush some of his bed-hair that hangs on his forehead as he snakes his arm around me again.

"So." He leans to him, giving me kisses on my lips. "Since it's raining, what should we do for the day?" He mumbles against my lips. "Stay in." He pecks my lips again. "Watch some movies." Pecks again. "Order some food." And again. "Make out a bit." And another. I instantly grab onto the back of his head, making this kiss more steamy.

"Mm." I hum against his lips. "I like all of those." He smirks as he backs up towards he bed. "Let's start with the make out one." I suddenly push him on the bed, straddling his laying figure and attacking once again to his lips.

We, indeed, stayed in for the day, making out and watching some hotel movies. Nolan ordered some room service when it hits lunch and we just ate on the bed. The rain ended somewhere in the morning, but we got comfortable in our hotel room, so we decided to stay in. When the clock strikes 3 PM, we checked out of our hotel. Since our flight from California to Oregon is like 2 hours, we took the 3 o'clock flight back. If you ask me if this date was amazing, I would totally scream in your ear with thrill and excite because it was, indeed, an amazing date. Never have I ever been to Six Flags for my entire life. Mom and dad couldn't take us because of some stuff that was happening at the time. Even though we didn't get to explore around today, I still had fun, just because I was with him, all day. Nothing but us. We arrived at the private jet and Brady was there once again. This time, I didn't give him any flirty attitude, just a simple nod and smile.

When we arrived back to Oregon, Nolan and I immediately went back to our town and to my house, so I can get ready to work.

************

I've been in a heap of mess within the weeks of school. I've been juggling with my school work, work, and mock trials preparation. Sometimes in lunch, I would lock myself in the library, catching up with my work and mock trial stuff. Nolan has been supportive about all of this, helping me at time during lunch with my work. He stills watches Maddie at the restaurant whenever I work and helps me as well whenever I'm on a break. I couldn't be more happy and more liking towards him because of how he's supportive and caring.

Lately, I've been given the cold shoulders from Xavier, even when we got partnered for an assignment in Parenting. Nolan seemed to be angry when Ms. P partnered us up, but she wouldn't make no changes to her arrangement. I know I shouldn't be even caring about this, knowing his sudden change, but I can't help the fact that this Xavier is nothing like the Xavier I knew and loved. Whenever I see him and Oliver in the hallway, he would avert his eyes while Oliver gives me a sweet smile. I just don't even understand with all of that, and honestly, I'm not going to waste my time on it, but if that is affecting my work and chances of graduating with honors, then Xavier would have to cooperate whether he likes it or not.