Chapter 49

Xavier's P.O.V

Shit..

Shit...

Shit.....

Why was I going to do that? Of course, he would freak out. He's dating my best friend, for God's sakes.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." I chant in my head as I, simultaneously, bang my head on the steering wheel. Traffic is horrendous because of end shift for most people, so many weird stares are thrown my way as I cause the honk of my car with my banging head. Looking out of my car window, I see various of angry bystanders, yelling at me. All though, I can't hear them because of my windows are down, but the expression on their faces and the multiples of "number one" finger are being shown towards me. Rolling my eyes, I turn up the volume, blasting this punk rock music on the radio. The traffic starts moving .. Slowly ..

"Come on." I whine as I tap against the wheel, matching the beat to the song on the radio. Then, when the radio plays a song I recognize, I start humming with the song, move my head slightly to the beat. As I hum to the song, looking at the cars, I spot a girl staring at me, smiling all flirty at me. She drives a sleek red Camaro convertible with the top down. Nice car. I give her a small smile. Just a small one, not wanting to show interest or anything. Apparently, my small smile causes her to smile even bigger with her red lips, winking at me as well. Getting quite uncomfortable about her flirtatious eye glance and her that smile that makes her think that I'm into her, I look away, starting to jam to the next song with the sweet drum beats.

Halfway through the traffic, my phone starts ringing. I grab my phone in my pocket, answering the call without looking at the id.

"Hello?"

"Xavier, my man, busy tonight?" Chuckling from hearing the person I've haven't been in contact in awhile.

"What's up, Matt? Still single?" I hear Matt laugh, then swears like a sailor. "Whoa, mate." Laughing as I hear falling and crashing sounds on the other end.

"Ugh." Matt groans. "I'm fine. Just fell backwards off the chair. And no, for the record, I'm not single anymore."

"Congrats mate." I move forward, getting out of the interstate and out of traffic.

"Thanks man. Anyways, I'm working tonight and I could get you in. What do you say?"

Matt works at this downtown, local dance-club/bar. We met at the exact same bar when he worked as a bouncer last year. He thought I was 20 some and let me in, but in reality, I was only 17. At some part of the night and after couple of shots and drinks, I stagger to the door, already have too much to drink. When I got to the door, I saw a commotion happening. As a drunk, I didn't know what I was doing, but I could hear their loud words to each other. I was somewhat new to the drinking world. But when I saw two dudes fighting, or arguing really loudly, and one of them happened to be Matt, I straight up punch the other guy. I could hear some words being thrown to one another; most of them was really harsh and I assumed that both men were in a relationship. The other guy punches me back, but that didn't stop me. All through the fight, I was clearly winning with many punches to his face and sooner, he was unconscious.

"What did you do?" I look at the guy who stood with a hand to his mouth, looking very shock and afraid.

"He .. he .. was hurting you.." Lost and confused on why I did attack the man. I watched him cautiously walk to the limp body, kneeling down to check his pulse on his neck. I could see the tension on his face ease.

"He's still alive. Breathing is a little faint. Going to have major bruises on his face." The man stood up. "Well, I should thank you .. I guess."