Chapter 1

Hope Holmes was a normal girl, though she had a lot of fantasy. She had a normal height for her age, she had really long brown hair and green eyes. Her parents died when she was just a baby, so she didn’t know a thing about them. She lived her whole life in an orphans home with other kids in England. Hope was 16 and lived a normal life.

But there was something that Hope didn’t know and that would change her whole life when the time was right….

Hope walked back to the orphans home where she lived from school. She was looking down at the ground that was covered with snow. She loved snow, it looked wonderful when it fell from the sky. It was January the 21th, the last day that Hope would be 16, tomorrow she would be 17. She didn’t really care about her birthday though, it never was really special. She was on a whole other planet with her mind and didn’t really notice all the things that were going on around her, when she was back at the house she pulled her coat off and hang it up, she grabbed her book out of her bag and sat down on the couch.

‘What the hell are you doing?’ Claire snapped at Hope as Hope was trying to read the book.

‘What does it look like?’ Hope asked not looking up.

Claire was another orphan, her mother had left her and her twin sister Veronica here when they were just a baby. Claire was one of the meanest girls Hope knew, and Claire’s twin sister Veronica wasn’t the cute and sweet girl she looked like either, they were both real bitches.

‘I think she’s reading Claire.’ Veronica said.

Oh and Veronica wasn’t really a smart person.

‘V shut it.’ Claire snapped at her sister.

Veronica rolled her eyes and swung a lock of blonde hair over her shoulder.

‘So how does it feel? Almost 17.’ Claire asked sitting down next to Hope.

Hope didn’t answer and read further. They were always bullying Hope whenever they found the time.

‘She asked you something Holmes!’ Veronica snapped.

‘I have no idea, how does it feel to be so stupid?’ Hope asked looking up at Veronica and then she turned to Claire.

‘Don’t talk to her like that, she’s not stupid!’ Veronica said.

Hope sighed and rolled her eyes. Hope stood up and wanted to walk away.

‘We didn’t say you could go.’ Claire said and she pulled Hope back.

’16 years without parents how does it feel? No one around you who loves you, no sister or brother, no parents, no one, all alone in this cruel world.’ Claire said smirking.

‘And how does it feel to know that your own mother left you when you were just a little tiny baby?’ Hope snapped.

Claire gave Hope a deadly glare and Hope fast stood up again and ran upstairs to her room.  Hope laid down on her bed and sighed.

‘Why did they always need to say that?’ Hope thought.

She hated it when someone came up with the dead of her parents, though she didn’t even know them, didn’t have any picture of them or anything like that, it still hurt a lot. The only thing she had left was a fairy tale book that belonged once to her mother. She was all alone and she knew that, the only friend she had, was her roommate and best friend in the world Faith Watson.

‘Good evening Holmes.’ Faith said smiling walking into their room.

‘Hee Watson.’ Hope said with a weak smile.