Chapter 16

‘Let me go.’ Hope said punching with her fists against the hand of the troll.

‘HELP.’ Hope shouted.

Then a rock hit the head of the troll. The troll turned around and another rock hit his head.

‘Come and get me then.’ I heard a familiar voice shout.

Another rock hit the head of the troll and the troll was furious, he let Hope fall on the ground and started to run after the shadow that had been throwing the rocks. Hope stood up and ran away. After minutes of running, her wrist was grabbed and she swung back.

‘Let me go!’ Hope said trying to get the hand off of her wrist.

‘Hope it’s me.’ The person said.

Hope turned around and saw Finn standing behind her.

‘Finn!’ Hope said relieved and she wrapped her arms tightly around Finn’s neck.

‘Thank you!’ Hope said smiling.

Hope widened her eyes when she realised what she did and she fast let go of Finn.

‘Sorry.’ She said looking down as she blushed.

Finn gave her a cheeky smile and a wink.

‘No problem.’ Finn said.

‘But we have to go, before the troll finds us.’ Finn said.

Hope nodded and they started to run away from where they were standing. After a few minutes they were out of the forest and they were walking on a normal tempo.

‘How did you know where I was?’ Hope asked.

‘I heard someone scream and I figured it would be you who was in trouble again.’ Finn said.

‘I’m not always in trouble you know.’ Hope said.

‘Though it seems like I am lately.’ Hope said more to herself then to Finn.

Finn chuckled.

‘Not funny.’ Hope said.

‘How did you get rid of the troll?’ Hope asked.

‘Trolls aren’t the smartest creatures in the world you know.’ Finn said.

‘But still it’s huge.’ Hope said.

Finn shrugged his shoulders.

‘I’ve seen worse.’ Finn said.

‘So tell me a bit more about yourself.’ Finn said.

‘You first.’ Hope said.

‘I’m not interesting.’ Finn said.

‘Me neither.’ Hope said.

‘I’m not hanging around in other people’s traps.’ Finn said.

‘I don’t make traps.’ Hope said.

Finn laughed.

‘Have you seen Faith?’  Hope asked.

‘Yes.’ Finn said.

‘Where?’ Hope asked.

‘She’s in a village nearby.’ Finn said.

‘Really?’ Hope asked.

‘Yes, she ran into the village begging for help, I saw her so I ran towards her as she was alone, I figured you got yourself in trouble again. I asked what was wrong and she told me “Troll”, “Hope” and “Forest” and that was enough information for me.’ Finn said shrugging his shoulders.