Chapter 45

‘What are you not telling me?’ Hope asked.

Finn looked her in the eyes and placed his hand over hers that was still resting on his cheek.

‘I just need you to do what you did again, please just try it.’ Finn said softly.

‘Will you then tell me what’s going on?’ Hope asked calmly.

Finn nodded.

‘Okay.’

Hope pulled her hand away from under Finn’s and placed it in her lap with the other one, then she closed her eyes.

I arrived, stepped out and saw Finn standing by the front door, smiling. Then Jace arrived. It was Finn who send me the other letter, it was not Jace who send me the flowers and two letters, the flowers and one of the letters was from Finn. How did I not see that earlier? How could I be so stupid?

‘You send that letter.’ Hope whispered.

‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ Hope asked, opening her eyes and  looking up as tears prickled her eyes.

‘Because I didn’t want to ruin your night.’ Finn said.

‘I’m sorry Finn.’ Hope whispered.

‘It’s okay, but please try to make the light again.’ Finn said.

Hope nodded and closed her eyes again. She took in deep breaths and exhaled through her mouth. She concentrated on her hands, not knowing what she had to do to light them up again. She didn’t even know what had happened that had made her hands light up the first time. Then she realised it.

“You know what the strongest feeling is?” “Let me guess, love.”

‘Finn.’ she said, not opening her eyes.

‘Yes?’ she heard him say.

‘Kiss me.’ she said.

‘Hope I-‘ Finn started.

‘Kiss me Fitzherbert.’ she said still not opening her eyes.

She didn’t have to say it a third time because before she knew it she could feel Finn’s soft lips against hers. Warmth travelled from her lips to the rest of her body. Her body filled with warmth and butterflies filled her stomach. She felt a tingle in her lips and for the moment it felt like every problem, every worry was gone. The only thing that mattered was Finn and herself. Finn pulled away.

‘Open your eyes.’ Finn said softly after a few seconds.

Hope opened her eyes again and saw the light had come back. She smiled looking down at her hands and folded them open. The bright light filled the room. It was too bright and she fast closed her eyes. Then she felt Finn’s hands grabbing both of hers and she opened her eyes. She looked up at Finn and gave him a small smile.

‘I knew you could do it.’ Finn said giving her hands a slight squeeze.

Hope then realised what she had asked Finn to do. She wished the light would go away, because she felt her cheeks warm up and then the lights in her palms were gone.

‘What do you feel now?’ Finn asked.

‘Mostly embarrassment.’ Hope said.

Finn smiled.

‘That’s not necessary.’ Finn said.

‘Oh shut up Fitzherbert.’ Hope said hitting him on the arm.

‘Now tell me, what are you keeping from me?’ Hope asked.

‘You said something about Elsa warning you for something.’ Hope said.