Chapter 19

‘No we don’t.’ Finn said stepping in front of Hope with one of his hands on his sword ready to pull it out and the other one in a protecting way on her arm to keep Hope behind him.

‘Are you sure, she looks as if she’s going to die.’ Rumpelstiltskin said turning his gaze for a brief second towards Faith a few metres further away from them before he turned back to Finn and Hope.

‘Finn, maybe he can help us.’ Hope whispered.

‘No he can’t.’ Finn said.

‘But-‘ Hope started.

‘He can’t Hope, he’ll want something back from us and we can’t afford to lose anything right now.’ Finn said after he had turned around facing Hope.

‘But Faith needs it.’ Hope said desperately.

‘Yes charming, Faith needs it.’ Rumpelstiltskin said.

‘Shut up.’ Finn said.

‘Hope, you can’t trust him.’ Finn said.

‘What would you want back if we agree to accept your help?’ Hope asked looking past Finn.

‘I’ll come up with something later.’ Rumpelstiltskin said.

‘We-‘ Hope started.

‘Hope! There is nothing worse than owe him something.’ Finn said fast.

‘Ouch you’re hurting me.’ Hope said as Finn had tightened his grip on her arm.

‘Hope think, we don’t need him.’ Finn said.

‘Princess, you have to choose. The decision is yours.’ Rumpelstiltskin said.

‘Do you want to make your friend better, or do you want to be the cause of her death?’ He said.

Hope widened her eyes.

‘Death?’ She asked.

‘Don’t listen to him.’ Finn said.

‘But what if he’s telling the truth, what if she will die if we don’t save her?’ Hope asked looking up at Finn.

‘Please we have to do something.’ Hope said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

‘She’s the only family I have.’ Hope said.

‘Go away Rumpelstiltskin, we don’t need your help.’ Finn said.

‘If you need me, just call me.’ He said and then he was gone.

‘What have you done?’ Hope asked slamming her fists in his chest.

‘She’ll die.’ She said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Finn caught hold of her wrists and pulled her into him, wrapping his arms around her body and pressing her close to him. She first fought him, but then just let him held her.

‘She’ll be all right.’ Finn said shushing.

‘What if she dies? She’s the only one I have left.’ Hope said.

‘She won’t die.’ Finn said.

‘Come on we have to go further.’ Finn said as he let go of Hope.

He looked in her eyes.

‘You’ll be all right.’ He said.

Hope looked down and walked towards Faith. When she got there she saw that Faith had fallen asleep.

‘Faith, wake up.’ Hope said shrugging her friends arm.

Faith didn’t open her eyes.

‘Faith!’ Hope said.