Chapter 14

Faith tried to get up, but she was not strong enough. Hope helped her up after she had grabbed the book from the ground and they walked as fast as possible out of the house. They walked away from it and after a few minutes Faith couldn’t go any further.

‘Just a little bit further.’ Hope said.

‘I can’t-  I can’t go any further.’ Faith said breathless.

‘Just a little bit, I’m not stopping in this forest.’ Hope said.

They walked until they were out of the forest and when they stopped Faith sat down on the side of the road.

‘Goodness.’ Hope said as she looked back.

She wiped the sweat that was on her forehead away and looked around, to see if someone was nearby.

‘Can you please listen to me next time, when I say something is not save to go to?’ Hope asked looking down at Faith.

‘Yeah yeah I’m sorry.’ Faith said.

‘How’s your neck?’ Hope asked.

‘It hurts.’ Faith said.

‘I think we better clean that up.’ Hope said.

‘We need to find some water.’ Hope said giving the book to Faith and looking around to see if there was water anywhere nearby.

‘We can’t use that kind of water, who says it’s not poisoned?’ Faith said.

‘True.’ Hope said.

‘We need to find your parents, they’ll know what to do.’ Faith said.

‘Who says they’re not looking for us? I mean the time has started since the incident, they have to know that I know about all of this and that I’m here.’ Hope said.

‘Yes, but we have to get to the castle.’ Faith said.

‘Castle? Really? If we find a village, they’ll know where we need to go.’ Hope said.

‘We can always try.’ Hope said.

‘Okay.’ Faith said.

‘Can you walk again?’ Hope asked.

‘I don’t know, I’ll try and if I can’t go any further you can always go on your own.’ Faith said.

‘Come on, really Watson? I’m not leaving you here all alone.’ Hope said.

‘You’ll be dead in a finger snip without me.’ Hope said.

Faith rolled her eyes.

‘If it wasn’t for me, you would still be dead right now, laying on the ground in that house with the witch who would probably be eating you.’ Hope said.

‘Oh shut up.’ Faith said and she got up.

‘Ready?’ Hope asked.

Faith nodded.

‘Let’s go then.’ Hope said and she started to walk.

Faith cleared her throat and Hope turned around with a questioning look.

‘What?’ Hope asked.

‘Don’t you forget something?’ Faith asked.

‘Oh yeah.’ Hope said grabbing the book from the ground.

‘Can you walk on your own? Or do you want me to help you?’ Hope asked.

‘I can do it on my own.’ Faith said.