Totsuka Tatara | See You Again

Warning: Feels and possible tears and need for tissues.

It's been a long day without you my friend,

And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again,

I wearily scanned the picture frame with tearful eyes. The picture with my clan; my true family. Though, one face brought even more painful memories than the other smiling face; Tatara. It had been three weeks after his murder, despite it been a while, the brunnete was the a great friend.

We've come a long way from where we began,

Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again.

Tatara was more than my childhood friend, he was my family, friend, and first love. Before he had met me, I was alone and cold-hearted. He had shown me kindness and consideration, he brushed of my harsh words to leave me alone along with my stoic personality. Tatara then showed me to the HOMRA Bar, where I met my future family.

Why'd you have too leave so soon, yeah,
Why'd you have to go?
Why'd you have to go when I needed you the most?

I placed the frame down to where you couldn't see it. My palms covered my face as I could feel the stream of tears run down my face. I felt a soft tug on my sleeve and turned my head to see Anna. Her crimson orbs had sadness and sat next to me, wrapping her petite arms around my waist. I smooth her white hair, my dull (color) orbs scanning her small figure.

'Cause, I really don't know how to tell ya that I'm feeling much worse

I know you're in a better place but it's always gonna hurt

Carry on,
Give all the strength I need to carry on

Izumo and Mikoto stared sadly at the beautiful, young woman shedding tears. (Name) was like a younger sister to the duo and hated to see her saddened by their loss. Izumo knew about her interest in Tatara while Mikoto knew of Tatara's interest in the female.

Izumo placed the his hands on the bar while Mikoto stared at her in worry.

It's been a long day without you my friend,

And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again,

We've come a long way from where we began,

Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again,

Seeing as Anna fell asleep, I gently lied her down on the cushions and kiss her forehead, making her smile in her slumber. I walk towards the door with my trenchcoat in my hand.

".....I'm going to get some fresh air." I informed them, closing the door behind me and starting my small walk.

Everyone felt relieved to hear her voice again. Since the assassination, (Name) hadn't spoken a word until now. Her voice was like music and felt pleasant in their ears.

Ooooooooooo

How do I breathe,  without you feeling so cold,

I'll be waiting right here for ya till the day you're home.

Carry on,
Give me all the strength I need to carry on

I stood by the abandoned building in front of the bar, waiting there patiently as if I were waiting for something,  or rather, someone. I sighed, feeling the wind turn stronger, chilling walking people.

So let the light guide your way, yeah,

Hold every memory as you go,

And every road you take, will always lead you home, home,

The moonlight lit the street, filling me up with nostalgia and warmth as I stared at HOMRA's doors. Smiling as I remembered meeting Mikoto and Izumo, Yata teaching me to skateboard, challenging Fushimi. Along with heartbreaking memories. Saruhiko leaving us for Scepter Four, The Sword of Damocles breaking, and Tatara dying in my arms.

It's been a long day without you my friend,

And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again,

We've come a long way from where we began,

Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again,

Looking at the starry night sky, I smile fondly. "Tatara, you're in a better place. You were my best friend and I love you, I truly do. No matter what happens, you'll always be in my heart, after all I'll tell you all about it when I see you again." I whisper to myself.

Ooooooooooo

When I see you again, see you again, when I see you again.

Walking back home, the winds blow gently, picking up my long, (color) tresses. Smiling a little bigger now as I hear a familiar voice sneak upon the wind, I walk back inside with my family, ready to make new memories and adventures; good and bad.

I smiled once again as I remembered what the Tatara's hidde voice said to me among the winds.

"When I see you again, I'll love you even more."