Ryuzaki Lawliet | Irrational Arguments

Dedicated to @-UnitedFandoms- for being the second to request! I'm sorry this is late, I hada more difficult time writing a good plot for L. I hope you enjoy!

"Ryuzaki-kun, you shouldn't put so much sugar into your coffee." I chuckle rather nervously when I see he has more sugar than coffee in his mug. All Ryuzaki does is look at me with confusion with a slight pout painted on his lips.

"Leave him be, (Name). You know Ryuzaki can't help but have a strong sweet tooth." Light sighs, looking up from his book. I nod my head with a small smile, looking into my own mug of black coffee, which absolutely had nothing of sugar or milk.

"You just have a fondness for all thing with a bitter taste." Ryuzaki said with what almost sounded like a sense of disappointment. I scoff playfully, patting his shoulder lightly.

"That's not entirely true, I do like some sweet things. I eat cake and certain sweets at times." I laugh slightly, my laughter dropping awkwardly when I see Ryuzaki and Light share a look of doubt between themselves.

"I'm pretty sure sour candies and lemon cake don't count, (Name)." Light said while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck with a sheepish smile. I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest with a pout.

"Lemon cake is very sweet, it isn't bitter or sour at all." I mumbled under my breath, trying to focus on my research again. Ryuzaki chuckled slightly, shaking his head with amusement, causing my face to flush.

A few hours later, we had a small break and I decided to treat them to any restaurant they'd like. I regreted my decision later on when both of them agreed on a simple bakery and sweets shop around the corner.

"Why a bakery? Isn't it a tad bit too early for sweets?" I sighed, looking around the bakery, seeing all the pasteries put up as decorations. The aroma was very sweet and I bet Ryuzaki was having a grand time.

The male sat down in one of the booths and patted the seat next to him. "We need to relax and take advantage of the little break we have." I sighed, taking the seat beside him while Light sat across us in the other booth.

Ryuzaki ordered a strawberry cheesecake and Light ordered a slice of apple pie while I awkwardly took small sips of my (fruit) tea. Ryuzaki held his fork in front of my lips, causing my cheeks to heat up.

"W-what are you doing?" I turned my head the other way, away from the utensil he held towards me. I could hear him sigh in disappointment.

"We need to work on your sweet tooth, (Name)." I kept my head turned the other way, trying to stop Ryuzaki from force-feeding me and to keep my flushed cheeks away from his view.

We finally finished our 'meals,' we headed back to the office. During the walk, Light was ahead of us while Ryuzaki matched and kept his pace with me. I kept my hands stuffed into the pockets of my sweater and managed to keep my eyes foward, trying my best to not steal glances atthe man beside me.

"You know, Ryuzaki." The male looked towards me with confusion. I faced him for a moment before quickly turning my head back.

"I do love sweet things because if I didn't, I wouldn't love you." I mumbled shyly? I could hear him halt in his steps, I looked at him again but, I was surprised to see hispale cheeks tinted with red.

"What was that, (Name)?" I took longer strides away from him, laughing a little, all while blushing.

"You know, I think Light's calling me."

"(Name)!"