Haruka Nanase | Normal Day at the Aquarium

Hello dear readers, this oneshot is dedicated towards AbbieVanityCakes, I really respect her and she is a wonderful writer/author.

The Iwatobi Aquarium was filled with couples and families. They all went to see one thing; the dolphins. The trainers would teach them tricks and the dolphins would perform them in front of an audience, receiving a treat right after by the trainer.

I was one of those trainers and I was currently running towards the tank because I was running late for a performance. I ran through the crowds, trying to reach the location. As I ran, I bumped into someone, both of us falling to the floor.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" I stood to my feet and help a hand for the man.

He groaned slightly before looking up, revealing deep blue eyes and black hair. "Nanase-kun?"

Haru took my hand and stood. He nodded before looking another way, I turned my head towards another direction and saw everyone; Makoto, Nagisa, and Rei.

"(Name)-chan!" Nagisa eagerly hugged me.

"Nagisa-kun!" Rei scolded him.

"Nagisa, we see each other every day in class!" I laugh, releasing the third year from the frim the hug.

"Hi (name)-chan. " Makoto smiled, standing next to Haruka, probably to prevent from him undressing and swim in the tanks.

"Oh! Hi Makoto. How's the college life treating you?" I asked the brunnete, making him chuckle.

"Fun, but I miss going to high school. I feel old looking at you youngsters." He joked, nudging me and Rei.

Rei laughed his laugh, making me laugh. "Makoto-kun, you're not that much older than us. Just next year and we'll be freshmen in college."

I jumped into action. "Shoot guys! I've got to go! I'll see you later!" I started running again.

-Time Skip-

I swam in the water as I pet the top of the dolphin's head. I gave him a treat, smiling at her.

"C'mon Jewel, let's get you some rest." I started swimming towards the platform, when I suddenly hears a SPLASH! Along with a set familiar voices.

"Haru-chan, no!" I hear Nagisa and Makoto.

I turn my head and see Haruka floating in the middle of the water. I sighed at his antics. "Nanase. Get out of the water. Please." I asked.

He didn't answer and kept floating. I shook his shoulder with a small smile. "Please? What will it take to get you out of the water?"

Haru's eyes opened and he swam to the platform, with trailing/paddling behind him. We both sat down on to the metal and I raised an eyebrow at his actions.

"Well, that was easy." I stood up and started walking away.

Something gripped my shoulder and sat me down. This time, I wasn't on the floor and someone held me down by my waist. Haru wrapped his arms around me and set his head on the crook of my neck, giving me shivers from his touches.

Luckily, everyone in the audience had left, including our friends, leaving alone with the dolphins. He had stayed in his place.

"Um, Nanase? Could you please-" I asked, only to be interrupted from finishing my question.

A pressure on my cheek cut me off. I could feel the heat rise from my face. Haru chuckled, his embrace got more tighter, yet comfortable and loving. My head was now on his bare chest and his head was placed on the top of my head.

"(Name), I love you. You know that right?" Haru told me, a soft, rare smile on his face.

His response was a shy nod, since I was still embarrassed from the kiss he gave me. He played with my hair. We suddenly heard the dolphins chirping eagerly. We both looked up to see the swimming underwater in a certain pattern, making hearts form.

We both smile at each other. I kissed his cheek quickly, it was unexpected, so it made Haru blush, much to my convenience. We heard three voices coming inside.

"Haru-chan? (Nickname)-chan?" Nagisa's voice echoed among the walls.

"Do you think they're still here?" Makoto asked.

"I honestly think it was necessary to jump in the water to confess to (name)." Rei sighed, probably pushing up his red glasses.

I giggled at their worry. They coincidently turned their heads towards us. Makoto and Rei blushed heavily in embarrassment while Nagisa, being the little shota he is, grinned.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, I'll be in the car. We do need to head to campus dorms, remember?" Makoto said, leaving.

Rei covered his eyes while grabbing Nagisa's wrist. "I am sorry! I ruined a beautiful moment!" Rei bowed before also leaving.

"No! My ship has finally sailed! (Shipping name with Haru) lives on!" Nagisa cheered.

"We'll see you in classes Monday, (name)-kun!" Rei waved.

"Bye you two love-birds! Be safe!"

"NAGISA!!!" Rei and I yelled, Haru glaring at the blonde boy.

I stood up, giving Haru a hand. I got on my tippy-toes and kissed his cheek.

"Just a normal day at aquarium, right Nanase?" I teased the college swimmer.

He nodded. "Now that we're dating, call me by my first name." He gently commanded.

"H-haru...." I stutter out, my blush returning.

"Good. Call me senpai."

"Don't push it." He laughed and kissed my nose.