Death the Kid | Better Than Him

Warning: Slight Cursing

(Full Name) was a beautiful, quiet girl who attended and studied in EAT Class with her weapon, Chase Cauldron. Both were extremely intelligent and cautious of people, causing the duo to be almost invisible.

With the past they share, (Name) and Chase were rarely seen apart. With their dedication to destroy all kishin eggs and to their companionship. Their very small group of friends; Kid, the Thompson sisters, Soul, Maka, Black☆Star, Tsubaki, and Crona, recently started thinking that the partners consisted a secret relationship.

The girls were happy for (name) while Black☆Star and Soul grinned about Chase "finally growing a pair." Crona wouldn't exactly show it, but he was proud his ship had set sail. Kid however, wasn't happy at all, he faked the small smile on his face while he saw the "suppose couple" walking towards their table.

(First POV)

I walking with Chase, our matching bentos in my hands. He was making me laugh and giggle along the way. "So then the scientist left the bar, grumbling how his assassination plan had failed." He chuckles, shaggy black hair falling from his hair clip to his brown eyes.

I laughed lightly at his scientific joke. "Never fail to make me smile huh, Cauldron?" I nudged his arms gently.

He smiled as he ruffled my (length, color) locks. "Well yeah, you need to share that smile with our friends, including a certain reaper...." he drawed out, making me blush at the subtle message.

Chase smirked at me, patting my shoulder. "I don't know what you're talking about Chase." I told him, turning the other way.

We arrived at our usual table, sitting down next to Kid and in front of Maka. I gave his bento and opened up mine. I picked up my chopsticks and tried to get the piece of chicken, only for them to slip out of the utensils.

My weapon looked amused at my attempts and picked up his chopsticks, picked up a piece of the white rice, and held it to my (color) lips. "Say ahhh..." he cooed.

I reluctantly opened my mouth and ate the food, I suddenly found an interest in my sneakers and ignored my burning cheeks. I finished chewing and looked up at Chase's sly smile. "T-thank you." I said, barely audible to othes ears.

Liz smiles fondly. "Are you guys a pizza? 'Cause you are so cheesy!" she teased. The others laughed at her little joke, but I could feel Kid tense up.

"Hey (nickname), are you blind, you sure he's the one for you?" Black☆Star teases and Tsubaki nudges his arm at the subtle message.

Patty laughs and claps across us, making a heart shape around us, making Chase and I blush heavily at their meanings. Soul snickers while Maka and Tsubaki smile with slight envy. Chase overcomes his embarrassment and pull me to his broad chest, making my blush even brighter. He brushed my hair with his pale, slender fingers. I hide my face in his hoodie to keep me from even more teasing.

"Aww (nickname).... I guess we have to tell them sooner or later." he cooed lovingly, his lips next to my ear, giving me butterflies. Damn Chase and his charm.

His pointer finger and his thumb turned my chin upwards and his brown eyes meet my (color) ones. His lips moved closer to my own while staring at he still stares at my eyes while leaning in. "You know, instead of telling them, how about we show them?"

I had shut my eyes out of reflex and waited for a force against my lips when I suddenly felt a sharp tug on my wrist. I was apart from Chase's embrace and was helping by someone else. Kid.

His golden eyes held many emotions; anger, frustration, envy, and sadness. He dragged me out of the cafeteria. When we were out of hearing range, Kid stopped his steps but still kept his grip on my wrist.

"Kiddo-kun?" I asked him, but his grip got tighter. I stared at him, worried.

"What is it with you and choosing him?" He hissed. Kid seemed frustrated, his voice seemed heartbroken.

"What's wrong with choosing me?" he emphasized me in his sentence.

Kid pinned my body to the wall, holding one of my wrists in each hand and looking deeply into my eyes. "Is it because my asymmetrical appearance, or that I'm a reaper? All I want to know is why Chase?" he asked desperately.

"I was never dating Chase, Kiddo-kun. I never had feelings for him. I've never had a boyfriend or much less my first kiss." I gently informed him.

He smiled at me when he heard that. "It's a good thing I stopped Chase from stealing you from me." Kid cupped my cheeks and leaned down to my lips.

Our lips connecting and a spark jolted between the two of us. Kid tilted his head, making the kiss more passionate, yet gentle and loving. Kid's tongue licked my bottom lip and I shyly opened my mouth. His tongue explored his new territory, not leaving anything untouched.

He parted the kiss, resting his forehead on mine. Kid smiled at me. We stood like that until we heard a cough.

"Kiddo-kun, really? First puberty and now this?" Lord Death. Kid blushed and separated from me.

Lord Death laughed and continued his way. "Teenagers these days."

We blushed and hesitantly intertwined our hand and walked back to the cafeteria.

Extended Ending:

Chase smiled at the sight of the new couple laughing and giggling. The gang had never seen Kid this happy since the 88th day of the year at 8 o'clock. "Mission: Jealous is completed." he said under his breath.

Crona heard this and frowns slightly. "But don't you like (name)? Why did you let Kid take her. You could have easily kissed her."

Chase chuckled sadly. "She doesn't love me like that and I rather love me like a brother than not love me at all."