Chase Cauldron | Let It Out

Chase was already annoyed about someone knocking on his door at three in the morning, he really wasn't in the mood to deal with anything at the moment. He groaned, ruffling his bedhead of hair. "Who is it?" He grumbled sleepily, rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes.

"Chase, it's me..." You softly mumble, your knuckles still softly rapping onto the wood of the door. Once he recognized your voice, Chase immediately opened the door.

He grabs one of his jackets from the hallway's closet, quickly pulling it onto your body. "(Name), why are you out this late? You're freezing!" Chase holds your hands in his, rubbing them together to create some friction.

You sighed glumly, lightly shrugging your shoulders. He had notice your depressed demeanor and made you sit down on the couch. "I'll make some hot cocoa. Stay here and watch a movie or something." Chase glanced at you once more before disappearing into the kitchen.

You bite your bottom lip, feeling guilty for making your friend worry and dote over you. A pillow laid in between your legs and your body as you hugged it closely, pressing your face against the soft fabric. Your eyes slowly began to droop downwards.

"(Name). I got some delicious chocolate caliente~" Chase playfully waved a mug of the steaming hot beverage, making your lips curl into a small smile. He sat down beside you with his own mug of chocolate, sighing after taking a small sip.

Chase lazily covering the both of you in a warm fuzzy blanket. "So, do you want to start off by telling me why you're outside in the first place?" He asked softly, not wanting to force you to say anything.

You looked up from your mug, sniffling slightly. "I was sleeping over at Turner's house for the night before everything happened." Chase had steadily begun to frown once he heard the name roll off your tongue.

The truth was simple; he hated Turner with a strong passion. He was something along the lines of  a 'two-faced twatwaffle.' Or something like that. To you, Turner was your best friend and weapon. You could never see the bad side that the others had warned you or complained to you about. All you saw was Turner Yakov; the sweet little boy you grew up with.

"Movie night?" Chase forced himself to smile and ask you, receiving a subtle nod of agreement. He could see you gripping the mug's handle tightly, your knuckles whitened to a paler shade.

You let out an airy chuckle, but it almost sounded like a helpless whimper to Chase. "It was our movie night. All he could talk about was her. How he couldn't wait to sweep her off her feet after-" Your head slowly shrank down as you tried to clench your eyes shut. Chase cautiously set a comforting hand onto your shoulder, rubbing the spot softly.

He opened his mouth to say something after hearing so many heartbreaking sniffles and disheartening whimpers from you, but you spoke first. "Have you ever fallen in love with someone you knew you were going to eventually lose?" Those words had personally struck a chord inside his heart as he noticed your tone.

Broken, hopeless, begrudging.

"It hurts a lot more than you'd expect, huh?" Chase asked quietly, his voice much lighter than before. You couldn't help yourself from nodding your head in agreement, grabbing his arms as something to hold close to you.

Chase decided to wrap his arms around you instead, keeping you closer to him. You pressed your face against his chest, not having anymore strength to hold unshed tears. He sighed quietly, smoothing down messy strands of hair from behind your head.