Hinami Fueguchi | Doomed Love

Author's Note: Hinami and the reader are the same age.
- Sixteen Years Old -

Two teens were seen sitting on top of the highest hill, watching the sun set on the horizon. (Male Name) stared at the beautiful scenery with wonder sparkling in his (eye color) eyes. It amazed him that despite all the horrors and tragidies the world was made up, it surprised him that they were still gifted with opportunity and sights, the moment day touches night. Meanwhile his gaze was set onto the view in front of him, his best friend's gaze was not.

Hinami was focused on they boy sitting beside her. Her brown eyes watched over the slightest of movement he made. Her heart fluttered whenever she was around him and her world seemed to freeze whenever he smiled at her. Hinami wasn't oblivious to her feelings, she knew that she had a romantic interest in her friend. Somehow, her love for him as a brother turned into something more.

"Isn't it beautiful, Hinami-chan?" She nodded, quickly turning her head to the sunset. Though, to her it seemed this love was as doomed one, just like Romeo and Juliet. Why?

He was a human.

(Full Male Name) was the son of two CCG investegators. He never showed any hate or malice to the ghouls, so that worried Hinami even more. Even if she did confess her feelings, he'd have to find out what she really was eventually. She worried about hurting him, betraying his trust after so many years spent together.

Soon, the shade of pinks and oranges were replaced by dark blue nights with twinkling stars. The two walked back to Anteiku, where he would drop her off. While doing so, they held each other hands as they were walking. But they had been holding hands since they were children. Even if it was meant as a friendly gesture, it still made Hinami's skip a beat.

A strangled yelp came from (Male Name). Hinami turned to him with worry, gripping his hand tighter. He was staring at his stomach with a dull expression, Hinami look to his abdomen, she immediately regretted it. The growing blood stain on his sweater make her heart stop.

She turned her head to see a girl her age, hiding with a devious smirk on her face and blood on her kagune. The girl took a taste of the blood, humming in satisfaction.

"You do know how to pick them out, Hinami-chan~ Such a shame that he has a pretty face~" Her blood boiled in her veins. It was one of those binge-eaters that hung around Ward 19. Hinami sat (Male Name) onto the brick wall beside them before revealing her own kagune.

"You won't lay a finger on him." She warned, her kistune appearing. Hinami was much stronger than she was as a child. The binge-eater laughed maniacally, before bending over and groaning in pain. She heard someone click her tongue behind her.

(Male Name) was holding the same weapon the CCG use in one of his hand while holdind his stomach with the other. Hinami felt tense, there she was, standing in front of him, already revealed of her secret. She's not human, but a ghoul.

"(Male Name), I-I can explain..." The expression on his face was unreadable, he walked up to her until they were mere centimeters apart. (Male Name) then let his weapon fall to the floor and embraced Hinami like never before.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He had a gentle hold of her face, and checked her for any injuries. Hinami was in a confused trance, he didn't kill her? Why? She shook her head and took his hand off of her.

"What? No, I'm fine. But-why? Aren't you scared of me, afraid of me? You probably hate me now, don't you?" She could fear the tears well up in her eyes, she didn't bother to wipe them away or try to conceal them. (Male Name) only smiled, wiping her tears away for her.

"Why would I be scared? All I see is the girl who's been my best friend for the past sixteen years. I don't care Hinami, you're still the same girl I fell in love with. Just because you're a ghoul doesn't change that." Her kagune slowly disappeared intoher bwck once again, and her kitsune were exchanged for her lovely brown eyes.

"Love?" (Male Name) hummed in agreement, wrapping one of his arms around her and the other wiping some of the stray tears off her face. Hinami couldn't contain her excitement and she tiptoed to reach his lips and press them against his.

(Male Name)'s eyes were widened in surprised, but he didn't mind. He still kissed back When they seperated, she smiled. "I guess our loves story isn't a doomed one." Her bestfriend/new boyfriend chuckled, enveloping her into a full, loving embrace.

"I'm your Romeo, you're my Juliet." The moment was so sweet, Hinami and (Male Name) almost forgot about his 'little' injury.

Author's Note: I was originally planned to make this an angst, but the anime is already sad enough. So I wanted a happy ending for Hinami-chan and the reader.