four.

try to comment as much as possible please :)

About 5 minutes later Harry parked in the driveway of my house. I didn't dare move a muscle, too terrified of going into my house. My dad has always been bipolar and didn't know how to control his rage. Whenever everything was alright, he was a great dad, but as soon as something went wrong he was fuming.

Harry opened his car door and stepped outside, shutting it close again. I stayed in the passenger seat, chewing on my lower lip and picking on the skin on my fingers. I didn't move until my door got opened. My eyes moved from my fingers towards Harry who was holding the door of his black Range Rover open. His lips were, like usually, pressed in a thin line and his eyes held the same dull green colour they usually did.

I undid my belt and stepped out of the car, Harry closed the door for me.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," he mumbled to himself and his arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him as we walked to my door. He took my by surprise with his actions and I let out a gasp.

"Just play along, yeah?"

"Okay," I took a deep breath as we got closer to the door. My anxiety got the best of me and the fluttering in my stomach that erupted as Harry wrapped his arm around me didn't really help much.

I could already hear my dad's feet stomp and his loud voice saying curses as, I suppose, he walked to the door. Before we even reached the last step of the porch the door swung open and there stood my fuming father.

Harry tightened the grip around my waist as he saw my dad's angry expression. My heart beat quickened as I watched him crossing his arms. He didn't even seem to notice Harry standing next to me as he instantly started to throw questions at me.

"Where were you? Why are you home so late? You're grounded!" his voice got louder with each word he spoke and I looked down at my feet, not daring to look at him. I felt myself shrinking as he got angrier with me.

"Sir," Harry spoke up, his voice was dominant and so was his posture. My dad looked at Harry, his eyebrows pulled closely together and his wrinkles were even more prominent than usually. "It's my fault that she's too late. We went out on a date and lost track of time,"

My mouth hung slightly open as I processed the words that left his mouth, I could not believe that he was helping me. My dad was silent for a moment before he spoke again.

"If she won't be home at 7 the next time I won't let you get away that easy," his voice was severe and threatening. I could feel a wave of relief wash over me as he said no more. I could feel Harry tense beside me as he nodded. It looked as if he was ready to throw a punch at my dad any time and I couldn't help but smile softly at the thought of Harry protecting me. Even though it was just my imagination, it still made me feel somehow happy.

My dad turned around and walked inside again, leaving the door open. He was out of sight but I still had the feeling that he was watching us.

"Thank you," I whispered to Harry and he loosened his grip around my waist slightly but did not remove it completely. His eyes haven't had the usual dull colour, they were a beautiful, bright green and I thought I caught a glimpse of compassion in his eyes.

"I'll see you tomorrow at School. Be careful," I was taken aback as his plump lips pressed lightly on the skin of my cheek and butterflies filled my stomach. The warmth of his hand that rested on my waist was gone as he moved towards his ca, got in and waved at me one last time before driving off.

I still felt the warmth of his lips lingering on my cheek as I walked into the house and closed the door. I avoided my parents and sneaked some remaining food my mother put in the fridge in my room and didn't leave it for the rest of the evening.