twenty-six.

I was lying in Harry's bed, my back resting against the headboard and my eyes were fixed on Harry. He was sitting in the chair in front of his desk, facing me. His arms were resting on his knees and he had a smile playing on his lips as he looked at me.

"Do you think my dad is going to hit me again once I go back home and things are going to get worse?" I asked out of the blue, my eyebrows furrowed lightly. I knew that I shouldn't think about this and ruin my mood but it was really bothering me.

"I think," Harry said in the process of standing up. He started walking towards his bed and continued talking. "That he won't lay a single finger on you. And if he does, call me. Tell me if he does something like that again and I will be there in no time and I will make sure that he won't even be able to move anymore."

He was about to sit down but someone knocked on his door. He let out a frustrated groan and threw his head back slightly. He took long strides to the door of his bedroom and he opened it, revealing his mum. She was holding two plates with chicken and salad and she smiled kindly. Harry took the plated from her and turned around. He was just about to close the door with his foot but I glared at him, nodding towards his mother and he rolled his eyes and then turned around again.

"Thank you," he said and kissed her cheeks. Her eyes lit up with happiness and a smile beamed on her face. It must've been ages since Harry showed her some kind of affection and I was really happy that he finally did again.

I hoped that my words helped him and that he at least considered that this wasn't his mums fault and that he couldn't blame her for it. A part of it might is her fault, but you can't blame her for it. I think most of the people would do the same and stay, I would. I felt a smile spread on my face as I watched the two of them. Anne turned around and headed back to whatever she was doing before and Harry shut his door close. Seconds later he was sitting on the bed opposite of me and we both started eating.

Anne for sure was a great cook, the food was amazing and it was eaten in no time.

"You know, that was really cute." I commented and Harry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He looked up at me and asked, "What?"

"That you said thank you to your mum. She looked so happy, it was adorable." I grinned to myself, stuffing chicken in my mouth.

He cleared his throat and then said, "Yeah. Thank you, again." He put his already empty plate aside and looked into my eyes. "It may seem to you like you didn't do a lot but believe me, you did."

I felt my cheeks heat up, turning slightly pink, and a smile spread across my cheeks. "I really didn't do much," I looked down at my plate and put the last bite of chicken in my mouth before putting my plate away as well.

"You did." Harry protested.

"Do you remember what you just recently promised me?" I asked, grinning widely at him. His eyes went wide and he tried to hold back a smile. "No." he shook his head. "Just no. I'm not going to do that."

"But you promised me." I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted as Harry shook is head again. I looked away, acting like a child whose mother said that there's no chocolate. Harry sighed loudly and stood up which caused me to look at him.

"So?" he asked.

"So what?"

"Are you going to come or not? I promised you, didn't I?" I shoot up from the bed, the pout erased from my face and I grinned at him. He shook his head lightly, holding back a smile and he walked out of the room. I followed him as he walked down the stairs and turned around to get into a room that I have never seen before.