eleven.

I love reading your comments so try to comment as much as possible! :)

-

"Mum? Dad?" I called out once I've entered the house and took off my shoes.

"We're in the living room!" my mum answered and I entered the living room. They were sitting on the couch and the TV was on. My dad was watching a Football game and my mum was reading a magazine.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," I sat down and looked at them. My mum put her magazine down and my dad muted the television.

"What is it?" my dad asked and I inhaled and exhaled slowly, preparing myself mentally for what I was going to ask.

After the small pause of me preparing myself, I finally told them what's been bothering me for the past week.

"I know I'm adopted."

Their jaws fell, causing their mouth to hang open slightly and their eyes widened. My dad shifted a bit and puffed out some air. "How do you know?"

"Remember that I had to look through some boxes in the garage last Sunday?" They both nodded. "As I got to the last box some paper caught my attention. I got a closer look to it and it was adoption papers," My voice cracked slightly at the end and I felt tears well up in my eyes.

My mum and dad were silent. They didn't say anything. I squeezed my eyes shut and a single tear ran down my cheek.

"Why did you never tell me? Why did you hide it from me?"

"We didn't know how to tell you. It wasn't easy for us," my mum explained and I just shook my head.

"Really? You didn't know how to tell me so you just decided to keep it from me? This isn't something you can just not tell your child. This is something big. You should've known that at one point I'm going to find out and you should've known that I'll be mad!" My voice quivered slightly.

"Honey, we love you even if you're adopted." My mum tried to calm me down and she put her hand on my back, rubbing up and down in a soothing way.

"The fact that you're adopted shouldn't change anything, Rose." My father added and I glared at him, my blood boiling.

"It's not about that. It's the fact that you hid it from me, that you weren't being honest. I am 18 years old and you still didn't want to tell me? If you would've told me earlier I would've most likely reacted in a different way but you didn't even want to tell me. I had to find out myself," I got on my feet and looked at both of them.

"I still love you but I can't just look over this and act as if I never found out."

"We understand that. Just know that we love you so much." My mum smiled sadly at me and I felt really bad all of a sudden.

I returned her smile and headed upstairs into my room. I sat down on my bed and got out my phone from my pocket immediately. I didn't really know why I did it but the person I texted was Harry. I knew he probably doesn't care about it but he said that I should talk to them and I had to talk to someone about it.

To: H

I talked to my parents. You were right, I'm glad that I've done it.

From: H

How did it go?

To: H

Okay, I guess? Obviously I would've liked them to say more about it and have a better explanation but it could've gone worse. I mean of course I'm still mad and disappointed that they didn't tell me but after all they're still my parents. Even if adopted.