twenty-eight.

Monday went by awfully slow.

Cassidy, Ana and Andrew were bombarding me with questions, asking me why I didn't answer my phone, where I've been and what happened. But I decided not to give them an answer; they didn't need to know what happened.

None of my friends knew about my dad hitting me and I managed to cover up the bruise that was still there with makeup, and thankfully it worked. Nothing noticed, and that was what I wanted. I wasn't planning on telling my friends anytime soon, no one needed to know.

It was strange how I didn't want to tell my friends but I told Harry. Even though they're my friends and I'm supposed to trust them, I couldn't. I didn't know if I completely trusted Harry, but he never gave me a reason not to.

I noticed throughout the day that Stan, Carter and Logan looked at me in a weird way, put I couldn't put my finger onto why they were giving me these odd looks.

"I've got so much maths homework to do I can't believe how teachers want us to suffer!" Cassidy exclaimed and Ana nodded her head, agreeing.

"I don't think it's that much," I shrugged my shoulders. "It could be worse."

It was true, we didn't' get a lot of homework and that was something I was really thankful for. Cassidy and Ana always complained though, it was the same routine almost ever single day. We would sit at our usual lunch table and they would whine about how much homework they got, but it always ends up with them finishing it in less than 30 minutes. It really wasn't that much. But if the complaining made them feel better, then I wasn't judging.

I zoned out of the rest of the conversation and I looked around the cafeteria, searching for the familiar curly head. And I found him. He was wearing his black skinny jeans and a white shirt. I convinced him this morning to wear a flannel and he actually did. He looked stunning, but that was nothing new. But there was something today that made him look extra good, maybe it was the fact that he's gotten enough sleep, maybe it was because he wore something different or maybe it was because he looked happy, that kind of happy where your eyes light up. There was an almost unnoticeable blush on his cheeks and he looked somewhat embarrassed.

He turned his head and as soon as his eyes met mine, his smile grew wider. And I felt my heart almost pounding out of my chest; it does every time Harry looks at me or touches me. He makes my heart beat faster and he makes me nervous but at the same time he makes me feel so comfortable.

I didn't really pay much attention in the lessons that I had this morning; I was occupied with my own thoughts. I've stayed at Anne's house for two nights and even though she told me that I could stay longer, I felt like it was bothering to have me in her house. So I finally came to the conclusion that I'm going to go home today.

I haven't told Harry yet, but I was going to after School. I already had a plan. I knew that I had to return to my parents, even though I really didn't want to, I didn't really have a choice. I had a plan though, all I needed to do was get home and go into my room. I basically had to shield myself and avoid my parents as much as possible, especially my dad.

"Rose?" Ana asked me and I looked at her. I felt the embarrassment rise up in me because I had no clue what she said before so I asked quietly,

"What?"

"Why were you coming to School with Harry today?" and that's when I felt the blush on my cheeks. I knew it wasn't that much of a big deal but for me, it was strange to talk a boy that I liked. I haven't really told them about the feelings that I was developing for Harry but I don't think it was hard to tell that I liked him; I mean he did kiss me in this cafeteria just a few days ago.