forty-six.

H A R R Y

I couldn't fall asleep. I just lay in the bed for hours, thinking about everything that has happened. I was conflicting with myself. I looked over at Rose who was fast asleep, her chest rising calmly. She looked so peaceful and innocent like this. A soft smile tugged on my lips as I looked at her but it was followed by a sharp pang in my chest.

After hours of attempting to fall asleep I got up carefully, trying not to wake Rose up. Quietly I made my way to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I needed some times to clear my head. So many things happened today and I hated myself for everything.

I grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator and undid the cap and took a few large gulps of water. I just stood there for a while, leaning against the kitchen counter and trying to not over think everything. But that was easier said than done.

I had to make decisions and what happened last night makes it even harder for me. There's no doubt that I enjoyed it, I really did, but it got me in an even more complicated situation than before. My head was against my heart.

Someone has been following Rose and I wish I knew who it was so I could beat this guy into a fucking coma. But I didn't know and I couldn't protect her the way I would want to.

Stan is my best mate and I trust him so I didn't hesitate in calling him. It was about three in the morning but I didn't expect him to be asleep, he never is. He is one of the people who stay up the whole night and sleep until the afternoon.

It only rang a few times until Stan picked the phone up. "What's up?" he didn't sound the slightest bit tired. Knowing him, he was either eating the whole night or watching some TV show.

"I need your help." I sighed into the phone and I heard something, probably a crisps bag, getting thrown away.

"What can I doctor Young help you with?" he likes to call himself that because apparently everyone always asks him for advice. I know that I ask him quite often, he knows more about all that relationship shit than I do, but I wasn't too sure about other people. The only reason he probably gave great relationship advice it because he always watches this one TV show where girls talk about... well, being girls. What a waste of time.

"I don't know what to do, I'm fucked." I ran a hand stressfully through my hair, pushing it back.

"I can't fucking help you if you don't tell me what the problem is." He chuckled amusedly and I rolled my eyes.

"Rose," I sighed. "I don't know what the fuck I should do."

"Have you told her?" I could hear him chew crisps and screwed my face up.

"No," I clenched my jaw and looked at the ground, angry at myself. "I couldn't. I wanted to but then she told me that she loves me and we had-"

"Oh shit," he interrupted me. "She loves you how fucking great!" sarcasm was laced in his voice and I rolled my eyes again. "This is ruining the whole plan, fuck. You weren't supposed to get a girlfriend you know how Frank feels about this." a loud sigh left his lips. "You need to break up with her before things get worse."

I was silent for a few seconds and closed my eyes to get rid of the headache that seemed to get worse with every second that passed. "I know that I have to, okay?" I whisper-shouted. I had to be quiet or else I would wake Rose up and there was no way I would want that to happen. "But it's hard when you stand in front of her and she looks at you as if you're her whole fucking world!"

"You can't just act like nothing's going to happen; you know that it's dangerous for her."

"I know."