Forty-One

Before I go pick up Riley, I stop by the stadium.

"Hey rocky." I say to one of the guards.

"Hey there Miss Aaliyah. Here to see Mr. Kaepernick?"

"I am indeed." I think they're just wrapping up their meetings."

"That's perfect."

"Hop in the golf cart and I'll take you there." We hop in the golf cart and he takes me to the part of the stadium they're in."

"Thanks Rocky." I say hopping out the cart.

"No problem."

As I'm waiting, my name is called by Sophia.

"Hey Sophia!"

"Hey sweetie." I give her a hug. "Here for Colin."

"Yeah...I'm sure you chewed him out for that salty interview he gave last night."

"You know what, I gave him a pass today. It's been a while since he's given an interview like that...thanks to you and Riley."

"Yeah...he's changing right before our eyes." I say then laugh to myself.

"So I take it you aren't coming back?"

"It's still open?"

"Well not for the position you were interning for." I give her a confused look.

"You might actually like this one."

"Okaaay. I'm listening."

"We could use a female field reporter for our 49ersLive podcasts that we're starting come next season. Well it will begin with OTAs in the spring."

"So I'd be interviewing players, and stuff like that."

"Basically. The pay is really good...it's a fun job, and I think you have the personality, and look for it."

"So is it just practices or..."

"Nope. Home games as well. So you'll have a few months or so till the job actually starts."

"That actually sounds like a lot of fun...can I get back to you. I just need to talk to Colin about some things, and I'll get back to you ASAP."

"Okay....speaking of Colin." I look over and he's walking up towards us.

"Hey baby...everything okay." He looks at his phone. "Shouldn't you be getting Riley?"

"Everything's fine. I just had to come and talk to you...I couldn't wait till you got home."

"I'm gonna let you talk. Call me when you have an answer."

"I will. Thanks Sophia."

"Answer about what?" Colin asks after she walks away.

"Job."

"You know you don't have to right? I'll take care of you."

"No. I'm good. I don't wanna be at home being bored all day babe."

"Fine....so what'd you have to tell me?" I take a deep breath.

"I uhhh...I might be pregnant."

"Might? It's either you are or you aren't." He says, while chuckling. Nice to see he's not mad or upset.

"I took a couple pregnancy tests..and they were both positive...I scheduled an appointment at the clinic for tomorrow..." He smiles.

"I'm gonna be a dad again?"