Seventy-Two

{Aaliyah's POV}

"I don't wanna go to daddy's." Riley whines for the hundredth time as she grabs a Gatorade from the fridge. It's been a few weeks since I moved out. My dad found us a 3 bedroom apartment and we moved in last week. It's gonna take the kids some getting use to, but they'll be fine.

"Riley, you've avoided him long enough. You can't stay mad at him forever."

"Yes I can."

I pick her up and sit her on the counter. "Listen to me. I know you're upset about everything that's going on, but he loves you Riley. You're his favorite girl in the world. He misses you."

"No he doesn't."

"Yes he does. What goes on between me and daddy, doesn't apply to you. Regardless of we're together or not, he love you...and your brother."

"Why do I have to like daddy. He's always mean to you." He's been in his feelings and salty that I still haven't accepted his weak ass apology.

"You need to respect him Ry."

"Why, he doesn't respect you." We definitely have to make sure she isn't around when we argue. It'd be nice not to argue at all.

"You respect him because one, he's your father, two, he calls about you and your brother daily to check up on you both and lastly, he's still taking care of you, even though we don't live together."

"Why?"

"I'll show you." I walk over to my purse and pull out a credit Colin gave me just for them. "See this?" She nods. "This is a card that he gave me for anything that you or bubba need...and he wants to do more than just give money, but you won't let him."

"Uggghhh" she groans tilting her head back.

"You're too much for a 7 year old, you know that."

"Daddy always told me that I get it from you."

"...he was right. I definitely marked you." I give her a kiss her temple. "Can you please go, and be a good girl, and give your daddy all the love in the world. He really does miss you."

"Fine, I'll go, and I'll be nice...I do miss him." She puts her head down.

"I know you do baby." I hear my phone vibrate in my purse and I walk over to go get it.

My Headache😒: I'm pulling into the apartments right now.

Me: Okay. They're ready.

My Headache😒: Be up in a few.

"He's here." I take her off the counter. "Go to your room and get your shoes on."

"Okay." She runs to her room. "MOMMY, bubba's awake!" She yells. Right on time, I think to myself. There's a knock at the door and I go answer it.

"You know, I should really have a key." He says as he steps in.

"Hello to you too, Colin. I see you haven't gotten a haircut, what look are you going for exactly."

"Hello Aaliyah...and don't worry bout all that. Where the kids?" He asks and as soon as he does, both kids come walk into the livingroom. "There's my boy." He bends down and Nate walks into his arms. "Were you sleep, bubba? Huh?" He nods.

"Yeah, he got a full nap in, so he should be good for the rest of the day."

"Have they eaten?"

"It's been a couple hours, so they might be hungry again."

He nods and looks at Riley. "Hey bear." She smiles at the sound of her nickname.

"Hey daddy."

"Come here and give me a hug." She slowly walks into his arms and gives him a long hug. I find myself tearing up and I have no idea why. I quickly wipe a tear away before anyone can see it.

"So, umm...you guys have fun this weekend with daddy."

"I'll bring them back after the game on Sunday."

"Okay."

"Bye mommy. I love you." Riley says giving me a hug.

"Bye baby girl. I love you so much more." I give my baby boy a kiss and a hug and walk them outside to the staircase.

"Good luck on Sunday. Beat the Seahawks."

"BEAT THE HAWWWWWKKS!" Riley yells with her arms in the air." We both laugh at her.

"See you later Aaliyah."

"Bye."

*******************

I forgot what it's like when both of my kids are gone and I'm alone. It's very boring. It's Friday and I have to get out of the house and pamper myself or something. I leave and go get a massage, manicure and pedicure. It feels nice to just do something for myself.

Later that day, I post a selfie on Instagram with the caption:

"Need to get out of the house tonight. Hmmm🤔"

I get a text from Colin not even 5 minutes later.

My Headache😒: You don't need to go anywhere. Stay home😒

Me: Last time I check, you were not the boss of me.

My Headache😒: I'm serious.

Me: I know you are, and so am I. I don't say anything when you go out...instead of studying that playbook like you should.

My Headache😒: Don't worry bout what I be doin.

Me: And don't be worrying about what I do. I'm none of your concern anymore, remember. Haven't been for weeks now.

My Headache😒: Why are you being difficult?

Me: Goodbye, Colin. Enjoy this quality time with your children.

My Headache😒: Don't go out here being no hoe, Aaliyah😒😠

I don't even bother to text his ass back. I can't stand this nigga. Despite what he says, I decide to make some plans anyway.