Ninety-Eight

"Why are we in route to your place?" I ask after turning down the music.

"Because that's where we're going?"

"This date's pretty much over, take me to my apartment."

"You're being petty, childish and unreasonable."

"I'm being petty and childish?"

"Yes, you are."

"How? How am I being petty and childish?"

"Don't forget unreasonable. I just don't like how you're not understanding where I'm coming from."

"Colin, I wouldn't have presented you with pregnancy test if I had any doubt that you were the father."

"But just because in you're mind, I'm 100% the father, don't mean I'm 100% father for real."

"I'm done arguing with you. Take me home please."

"I am taking you home."

"No. I have an apartment in the opposite direction." He ignores me and continues to drive. We pull into the drive way, and I get out and take off walking.

"Aaliyah." I keep walking and I hear footsteps coming up behind me. "Aaliyah where are you going?"

"Home."

"Lord, if you don't bring your crazy ass here." He gently grabs my arm.

"What."

"Quit playin and come in the house."

"Take me home."

"No, I'm not. I don't want you to go home. I want you in my arms when I go to sleep."

"I swear you're the most confusing man I've ever met in my life."

"How am I confusing?"

"Okay, one minute you're claiming that there's a possibility that this baby isn't yours...then you wanna lay up together..."

"There is a possibility. I stated a fact. Not to make you sound like a hoe or anything like that, but I can't ignore that you slept with someone else while sleeping with me."

"But this is where trust comes in. You trust me don't you."

"Yes, I do." He says without hesitating.

"Okay, then trust me on this. Trust me when I tell you that I haven't had sex with Ricardo in so long. Trust me when I say that this is your baby."

"Okay. I trust you. You've never given me any reason not to."

"Don't just be sayin it for the hell of it."

"I'm not, I mean it, I trust you....and I'm happy it's mine. I wouldn't know how I could go about my day knowing you're bearing another man's child. Now...could you please come inside so I can cuddle with my beautiful...pregnant girlfriend."

"These shoes are killing me." I say stepping out of my heels and picking them up.

"I got you." He says picking me up bridal style, making me giggle. "I find it funny that you thought you was really bout to walk to your apartment in them heels." We both break out in laughter. "And you knew damn well they were hurtin yo feet."

"I'm glad you came after me because that would have been somethin crucial."

"If anything I would have gotten in the truck and followed you till you came to your senses."

"Ya know, pretty soon, you won't be able to pick me up like this."

"Girl, I'm strong. I'll carry you through all nine months of pregnancy."