Black Magic by Little Mix

[an: this song is so cute & I wanted to do something special with it.]

: based off of the music video, kind of. Hahah. or my version of it! :)

+ s e l e n a

All the girls on the block knocking at my door!
Wanna know what it is make the boys want more!

Is your lover playing on your side?
Said he loves you, But he ain't got time.

"Selena, I can't believe it! He played me again. Saying he loves me when he never even had time for me." Taylor waltzed in the hallway pushing her glasses up to the bridge of her nose.

I leaned on my locker facing my heartbroken best friend. Before I could speak up, I looked up to see Dylan looking straight at me. I had to glance away for a second, but suddenly looking right back up hoping he was still there. He was! We both waved at each other, but it interrupted with his so-called girlfriend.

I frowned to myself while Taylor uttered out, "Gosh, why do we have to be such outcast?"

Taylor and I walked the opposite way from where the popular kids were seated at. "I think I have exactly what we need."

Full of honey, Just to make him sweet.
Crystal balling, Just to help him see

I sighed still waiting for the secret book that Momma had. She explained how it was full of magic, but I never believed here. This might be my chance to set things right for my struggle in getting Dylan.

He obviously liked me, but Britt was just in my way. Dylan just needs to realize that I was better than her.

I saw Taylor from the corner of my eye still getting rejected from her new crush. I wanted to pull her away from them cause they were probably looking at her like she was crazy.

She handed him a box of chocolates. I giggled at the fact that Taylor was supposed to give him something sweet so that he could be sweet to her. I wonder if it'll work.

I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. "Selena."

My body instantly jerked and turned around to see Dylan. "Oh-- ahh-- Hi Dylan."

He chuckled crossing his arms leaning on the wall. "Hey so I was thinking if you wanted to--"

Britt interrupted once again from my time with Dylan. My shoulders went down at the fact that he'll never get to admit what he wants to tell me. "Selena? Why are you talking to my boyfriend? You're so average. Come on, honey."

"I'll go ahead." I practically ran for my life.

Thank God, it was the end of the school day.

When I got home, Momma was at the garden planting things before I almost missed what she was about to say. "Selena, the book is on your bed."

My eyes went wide while I hopped like a rabbit inside my house to my room.

A brown old book was placed on my bed. It said, Forbidden Spells. "Ahhhh!" I screamed jumping on my bed stripping my jacket.

I spent all night reading the magical spells written. It had everything from making food to getting anything I wanted or asked for.

Take a sip of my secret potion
One taste and you'll be mine
It's a spell that can't be broken
It'll keep you up all night

I called Taylor over mixing a few ingredients together. I even wrote out a few spells to match the total package.

"What are you gonna do to me?" She questioned suspiciously looking at the things on my table. "Witchcraft? I don't believe in that!"

"Trust me, it'll work Taylor!" I grinned. "We say this and drink this delicious substance!"

"If this makes me vomit, I'll never talk to you-- well only for a week." I laughed at her.

"I am beauty, I am handsome, my love is soon to come. This is my heart, which helps me love myself, from the end, to the start. Earth, air, fire, sea, Let the Goddess' Beauty shine through me." We both chanted together and drank the greeny substance in the tiny cups.

I cringed in disgust, but nothing happened. This was a fake.

The next day...

I did my usual morning routine and I decided to wear something fancy. I wore a white loose tank and ripped jeans.

I was feeling beautiful today.

When I reached downstairs for breakfast, I got a weird look from Momma. "Did you do something with the book?"

I got the bag full of food before kissing her cheek, "I love you!"
I ran outside with the sun shining down on me. I felt it inside that today was gonna be a great day.

I got the recipe
And it's called black magic

I entered school earning a lot of looks from everyone, but then their gazes diverted to the person hooked arms right next to me. She looked gorgeous!

"It worked!" Taylor cheered swaying her hips like she was walking in the runway. "And I even got his number!"

"See I told you!" I exclaimed while we got to my locker.

Her eyes were still eyeing the slip of paper. "What was that you did last night? Voodoo?"

I shook my head and laughed. "No... It was called black magic."

Taylor rolled her eyes for a second, but laughed it off. "I got to get to chemistry, but I'll meet you right after I see him."

Boy, you belong to me
Falling in love!

My free period was not wasted sitting down reading a few more spells on the dictionary of black magic. I hid it quickly when I saw a shadow right above me.

"Selena." I turned around to see Dylan gawking at me.

Hmm... My spell did work!

"Dylan." I waved a high before he sat in front of me.
He breathed deeply. What was he doing? "I wanted to ask you before if you wanted to come be my date for homecoming."

"Is because I'm pretty today? I can get ugly." I commented looking down.

Dylan shook his head quickly. "No... I've wanted to ask you beforehand but Britt always bothered me."

"Wait, you guys aren't dating?" I asked surprised. I really was!

He chuckled and smiled at me. "Nah."

I bit the inside of my cheek to stop the blush creeping.

Wow, I didn't even need a spell to make Dylan fall in love with me because he always had feeling for me. But the black magic did help me make him confess.