Friendzoned

[an: hiiiiiiiiiii. this chapter might stink but yay for the first chap of 2016 :) thank you everyone!]

: dylena in high school, where selena has to friendzone dylan for a friend, and well she has a bit of a tiny crush on him. (read if you dare)

+ s e l e n a

"This is what you'll do." Jeanine instructed facing me towards a crowd of people. "I have a date with Jack, but there was a nerd who asked me out, his name is Dylan. I want you to tell him that I don't like him anymore and he should really give up on me."

I pressed my fingers to my forehead. "What? That's rude and it's so awful."

"That's the point. You've known me ever since we were kids and now I want you to do this." She flipped her hair harder than she would have normally.

Why did she always leave me to do these horrible things?

Let's clear a few things in this moment in my life. Jeanine stood tall with model features of smokey eyes and a great fierce look. Everyone, boys and girls, were always falling at her feet. I had the advantage or disadvantage, it can vary at moments, where I was considering myself to her as a friend. She could have anyone to be her friend, but I knew her before her popularity grew. I was somewhat her assistant if she was ever a celebrity.

As for me, I was the total opposite standing a bit average height with the normal brunette hair with chubby cheeks that didn't bring out my eyes. I didn't have anything attractive to me, I'm pretty sure animals are attracted to me, not humans, but puppies. I'm the person who does the dirty work for Jeanine,

"Fine, but you might as well owe me a ton of things later."

"You won't regret it!" Jeanine called out before she slightly pushed me towards the crowd.

I saw the meeting place for the 'date'. I didn't like the idea of having to friend zone someone this last minute. This would probably the lowest of his year. I sat down where it was instructed directly in front of the fountain. I looked around to find a couple and a guy glued to his phone.

He searched through his area when I realized it was Dylan O'Brien. Oh My Lord! Jeanine was friend zoning the cutest person to ever walk in our school on planet Earth?

Oh, another thing about me. I had a typical crush on Dylan. I always had heart eyes when he sat in front of me during AP World. Don't get me wrong, I learned, but at the same time my view was terrific. I get to see him everyday at the end of the day! He was really quiet when he was alone, but once he was with his best friends, he spoke the whole time. We've been partners during class, but that was all that would happen to us.

Dylan scooted closer to me. "Why are you stalking me?"

He was looking straight forward when I gasped. "Uh, obviously I wasn't stalking you... I happen to be here to do something for a friend."

"Just kidding, of course I won't mind if I see you outside of school... You look more comfortable in the outside than in school."

I giggled. "That's probably because school stresses me out compared to being in the wild."

He nodded at my statement. "Ah... I like that idea."

"So what are you doing here?" I asked him, he finally took a chance to look at me. I had to take a sharp intake at the fact that his eyes were on me and it wasn't even in school.

"I'm waiting for someone."

"A girlfriend?"

He shrugged. "I don't really know... Jeanine's a bit confusing."

"Yeah, that's why she told me to come here and tell you that she didn't really like the idea of you asking her out."

Dylan laughed out loud, literally. "I'm surprised she didn't tell you the other part."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Well, I actually wanted to see you instead of her."

"What? This doesn't make sense."

He turned to me. "I wanted to ask you out instead of her. I guess she had a crazy way of tricking you into one thing than the other."

The fact that I was even this close to him right now was a bit weird, but it was good weird. "That's very accurate! To think, I had to prepare myself to friend zone you."

Dylan's face turned into horror. "You're friend zoning me?"

I shook my head as fast as I could. "No I'm not! I wouldn't!"

"Well, let's start over. Selena, would you like to go somewhere with me? A date?"

"A date it is." I smiled widely, yeah never in a million years would I ever think of friend zoning Dylan.