Starbucks Lovers

[an: ugh dylan and selena are perfect omf. all the love for my cute readers/bae's]

: dylan falls in love with Selena, a Starbucks addict. || events take place in New York! & not celebrities!

Fall

New York was having a bipolar transition to summer from fall, but it was blasting out summer on a Monday. It made Dylan actually want to work today at Starbucks, working ever since he was a junior in high school and now he was fresh out of college studying PR Management.

Dylan started out his day fitting into the regular black shirt and cargo pants. He had about five pairs of the same Starbucks outfit. He sent a quick text to his best friend.

To: Posey - Going out the door soon. Be there in 5.

From: Posey - It's packed today dude! Get ready for cashier duties.

He shook his head in disbelief thinking it was always bad luck that he worked on days when it was busy. Dylan walked through the streets of New York, out of his apartment and a couple blocks down to Starbucks.

+ d y l a n

I entered Starbucks getting a fresh air of coffee beans and our latest Starbucks bakery. I couldn't blame them for making good pastries. I made my way through the crowd that already ended all the way to the entrance. I walked behind the counter putting on the regular dark green apron.

"Finally you're here..." I looked up seeing Posey leaning his back on the wall for a moment. His sloppy eyes made him look more tired than what he really felt.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I was enjoying the sunny day." I simply said before Posey made me scoot over. "Let's do this!"

He laughed at me. "So are you coming out tonight?"

I shook my head before I heard a faint voice of a girl just at the side of me. "No... I've got to intern and there's a game tonight."

"No there's not! Look bro, one day you got to chill out. You're young and you deserve some fun times. Find a girlfriend!"

I scratched the back of my neck in habit. "HA! No one likes me."

"You've been saying that ever since high school and you've changed..."

"To a geek and an obsessed workaholic at worst!"

Posey patted my shoulders. "This is why you need a girlfriend."

"How?"

"There's so many fishes out in the sea, just look in front of you."

I didn't believe him. It was hard finding someone. I still believed in 'soulmates', 'true love', 'destiny' and 'little things' instead of 'one-night stands' and 'just sex'.

"Okay," I breathed out. "I'll try, but I need to save up for dates first. It's actually expensive to date."

"Better than nothing." Posey left my side and stood at the cashier getting the next set of orders. He handed me a clear grande cup that didn't have the name. Posey always had the habit of not writing the names so I'd have to say the whole entire drink name instead of their real name.