Coachella

[an: I'm posting this late because everyone's been posting post-Coachella pics and it's kind of blehhhhh so I guess here is the most random chap ever.]

: DYLENA NOT FAMUZ.

+ d y l a n

"Ugh... I can't believe I didn't get to Coachella this year, again!" Selena frowned and sat next to me in the couch.

It's been a few days ever since Coachella has started and Selena's been bitter about the fact that she lived at least an hour or two away from the most adventurous concert event of the year.

"Don't worry, just like you, I probably won't go to Comic Con this year." I said trying to convince her that we were equals in the situation of wanting to go somewhere.

Selena sighed heavily. "What's wrong with us? Are we lazy? Are we not lucky?"

"Probably cause we don't have enough money right now, I'm too busy buying the whole Mets merchandises while you spend time buying clothes, we all gotta buy what we want."

She nodded and smiled for a second. "True, but what are we going to do now?"

I stood up from my seat. "We should go get lunch, but you have to promise me you won't complain about not being Coachella again."

Selena held out her pinky while I crossed my pinky with hers. We went off our merry way to go get stuffed, literally eating our problems away.

"Look!" She flashed a picture on Instagram of the Jylie and Jendall Kenner at Coachella with their polaroid photos.

"You promised me!" I faked a cry to make her feel guilty.

Selena closed her phone and looked at me. "Promises are meant to be broken."

I shook my head and chuckled. "You're very mean when you don't get what you want."

I took her phone away from her when we ate outside, at least that took away some of her stress. I did not want a sad Selena around me ever.

   When we got home, Selena got her phone back and slumped at our bedroom.

I looked at the living room to see it all blank and I had an idea running through my head. Selena never knew that Coachella was in front of her the whole time, she just didn't have the imagination right now. 

I searched for her Christmas lights and hung it up over the television. I went upstairs to hear that Selena was ranting to her best friend, who actually went to Coachella without her. That's probably the main reason why she was bitter. I went to the guest bedroom to steal some pillows and blankets. I ran back downstairs when I heard Selena finishing her conversation. 

"Dylan!" She called my name from the top of the stairs. Her feet stomped loudly, but I stopped her when she was halfway down. 

"Wait, can you get your flower crown or that headband you use?" I asked. 

She furrowed her brows confused. "Okay..." 

When she was gone, I went to the kitchen to heat up the popcorn. Once I heard her coming down, the microwave beeped and made me stuff all the popcorn in a huge bowl. 

I walked back inside the living room to see Selena more confused than she was a few minutes ago. "What is this?" 

I placed the popcorn on the table and paced towards her. "You always complain every year, even from the way back when," I held her hand, "And you need to understand that we're not unlucky, but I think we're lucky enough to have each other rather than singles who get drunk during Coachella and don't even know who's playing in the concert. We'll be lucky enough for next year." 

"I mean I know that, it's just I get so jealous... I want to experience it one day." 

I kissed her forehead. "And we will! I'll even offer to let you sit on my shoulders, just for a photo-op!" 

She giggled. Wow, for the first time this week. "But what is this for?" 

I looked at the view which displayed a brightly lit Christmas lights around the television with pillows and blankets spread out the floor or the seat. "Since I can't bring you to Coachella, I welcome you to Couchella." 

"More reasons to realize why I love you so much and that I'm super lucky; your jokes." She pecked my lips before we both enjoyed the rest of our night watching movies until midnight. 

Though we didn't go to Coachella, we had the best Couchella even more! 

[an: someone claim me and my corny jokes ahhahahaha im gonna cry now]