Can I Be Him by James Arthur

[an: apparently i'm writing again... & this one shot is probably the worst, I AM STILL A LITTLE RUSTY-- NO EDITTTTTT] 

| You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen... Now you're all I want, And I knew it from the very first moment |

"Oh fuck, is that Selena Gomez?" I asked Hoechlin while looking at the end of the red carpet at the Teen Choice Awards.

Hoechlin slapped my head and told me to scoot over for the next set of interviews. "Yes, so stop staring at her before the headlines say something about you, you know she's with that Justin Bieber kid, you wouldn't want to interfere."

I frowned for a moment and went about the rows of microphones pointed towards us. When I almost forgot about Selena Gomez, I turned to find her headed towards me. I gasped while she gave me a full smile, "Selena Gomez!"

"Dylan O'Brien right?" She knows my name!

I nodded. "You're from Teen Wolf right? My friends have been talking to me about it, congrats on the nomination."

"Thank you, but obviously we know Vampire Diaries wins every single year."

She laughed and lightly slapped my shoulder. "Hey! Don't doubt your show like that!"

"Selena, can we take a picture of the both of you?" The photographer asked before we positioned ourselves for the shot. I wrapped my arm around her waist and posed with a nervous smile. "We need to go by the way."

She turned to me one last time and hugged me. "Nice talking to you, I hope to see you in the future."

I grinned before turning back to Hoechlin, "See? Friends, I'm not going to compete with the Justin kid."

As we got seated in the arena, I watched Selena sit so far away from me, but I was captured from her presence when she stood on the stage to announce a nomination.

When I checked my phone at night, I spammed my Twitter about my mini heart attack when I got to meet Selena Gomez. I let out a small smile creep in my face when I saw people starting to call us both Dylena. But there were a few who reminded me that her and Justin were together.

I just tweeted, @dylanobrien: aight I guess he didn't cheat on her.. But this is still a warning Biebs! Cherish Selena.

The next day, I finally saw her response, @selenagomez: So I stayed up on my bus and went to MTV and Teen Wolf was on- haven't watched the show- I sat and watched the whole marathon lol think I'm caught up

I wished for a moment what it would feel like if I was Selena Gomez's boyfriend.

| If you were mine I'd never let anyone hurt you, no, no... I wanna dry those tears, kiss those lips |

It's been at least three years ever since I met Selena and we've never crossed paths. I was just sitting in the sideline while the media went crazy every time her and Justin were together or broke up.

I wished I was there every time I saw those horrible tweets from his fans that targeted her. 

"It's sad, right? On and off relationships?" Posey asked pointing out the magazine photos where they photographed Selena outside the airport in tears and assumed that it was about Justin Bieber. 

I wish I could simply talk to her, but all eyes were on her. 

| I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me but I know you never saw me. Will you be there, will you be there? Can I be the one you talk about in all your stories? |

I watched in the floor section Selena on her show in New York City. I know I shouldn't have, but when she sang her lyrics, I wanted it to be about me. I always wished it was about me that she sang about. 

I remembered when she liked a few Dylena post from the fans who photoshopped us together, I almost wanted to reply to her immediately. I got a little too obvious when I liked her photos constantly on Instagram, but I had to stop. 

It probably didn't look good with an actor and a singer/actor/model, I would probably make her look bad. 

     When Selena took a break from her tour due to her health, I was stuck taking care of myself from a fall on set. I wasn't able to greet her when she needed someone. 

But it broke my heart when I found out that she was dating the Weeknd. They were and still are a perfect match. Both a singer and definitely the most famous recently. 

"Hey man, stop looking at the those Met Gala photos." Posey chucked my phone out of my hand when I accidentally browsed through the photos on Twitter. "Good thing is that their not married yet right?" 

I didn't answer him. I vowed to myself that I had to get over this stupid crush. 

I stared at my phone where I saw photos of them being so public, I almost laughed at how ironic I wanted to be Justin and to have Selena beside him, but he probably must feel like me right now. 

I frowned to myself. What's wrong with me? I am not the reason for the smile on her face. 

I probably and never was the one she wrote about in her songs. I was never the person she'd be attracted to. She never noticed me anyway. 

Now I just needed to know how to get out of this hole that I've been in ever since I laid my eyes on her, but that'll take a while... 

Here I am on my own questioning... 

| Can I be him? |