Chapter 1

Ashley

I was laying on the ground helpless as he pulled me back up and threw my limp body against the cold tunnel wall. I screamed in pain when he kicked my stomach. I swear that I could feel my head cracked a little as his punch ended on my yaw. I fell to the ground once again and he kicked my ribs. I screamed for help but nobody helped. I begged for him to stop but he never did. Again and again he kicked my ribs and head.

 I felt blood coming from my mouth, from my head and body. He didn't care. I saw a knife in his hand as I started screaming again. Next thing I felt was a sharp pain in my stomach and I heard him whispering " Now I got you bitch. You are mine forever." Till I finally blacked out.

I woke up sweating, I couldn't breathe, I was shaking. I looked around to make sure Zed wasn't here and of course he wasn't. I've been having these nightmares for more than two years now, they first started the night when Zed punched me first time. I'm scared to say something. When my mother asks about them I'm lying most of the time. Sometimes I want to run away, but if I would, he would find me anyway. I can't run from him, I can't hide or leave because he is always after me. I love him. But I can't take this anymore. I don't know what to do.

I looked outside and it was still dark. Slowly I opened my bedroom door to see that the lights from downstairs is still on. I carefully walked down the stairs not to make any sound till I spotted my mother sitting on a couch with a photo album in her hand. She was crying and my heart broke a bit. I looked at the time and it says 2:45 at night. I walked up to her till she finally noticed me. She stood up and wiped her tears away.

 " Mom are you alright? Something happened? Why are you crying?"

" No no honey. Everything is alright. Don't worry. I was just looking at some old pictures and thinking." She pointed at the pictures.

" Mom you need to get some sleep, what were you thinking about?"

 "You. Thinking about you and your future. I will miss you so much." She stared crying again.

" Shhh moma. Don't cry. Don't think about it ok. You are okay. You'll see. Everything is going to be alright. " I cried.

" Promise me one thing Ashley! When the time comes and I leave, promise that you will never let anyone hurt you ever. " I looked at her and my tears started to fell again. My mom knows, that she has to leave any time soon but I can't deal with that. I can't imagine my life without her, I could die for her.

" Please mom. Don't talk about this. I love you too much. You not gonna leave me. "

" Ashley, please promise. "

"I promise. And now, can we go to bed? You need some rest. "She nodded and we went upstairs to her room. 

We both got under the covers and fell asleep. We use to sleep together before I met Zed. But then it all changed. Zed started to treat me like his puppy and I was scared that mom would find out about my bruises and scars. I started to hide everything from her, I told her lies after lies. And I slept in my room crying all the time.

I woke up late next morning, mom were still sleeping so I quickly went to my room and dressed. I didn't eat my breakfast cuz Sarah was already outside waiting for me. ( I'm not too poor to get my own car, I'm just scared to get my license. :} ). I rushed outside almost forgot my backpack, and jumped into her car. Sarah looked annoyed already but I couldn't hide my laughs. Soon enough she smiled at me.

" Really Ash? I've been waiting for 20 fuckin minutes." Sarah screamed in my face.

" Sorry Boo..I know. I just had a long night with my mom." I said laughing.