Chapter 48

{Daniel up there }

Ashley

"What was he doing here?" Daniel's words snapped me to the reality. I whipped my tear stained cheeks and finally turned around looking at him. I have never seen him looking so upset, this was something new. " Ashley, what is going on? Why was he here?" Daniel spoke louder, I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

"How the fuck does he even know where you live?" He spat coming closer to me, for the first time I was scared of him. " He called me yesterday, he wanted to meet his daughter Daniel." I said rolling my eyes at him. 

" Oh, so after all this time he finally stepped up? I'm sure that it's not the reason. What did he say?" He asked, his face getting red from anger. " What's up with you Daniel? All he wanted was to see his daughter, stop being so jealous." I said getting annoyed by his outburst. " No Ashley, what I'm trying to figure out is that, why my girlfriends ex boyfriend just walked out of our apartment leaving my girlfriend in tears. What the fuck happened in here?" He yelled. 

" Nothing happened okay, and keep your voice down, Jessica is sleeping. What the fuck is wrong with you? Justin has every rights to see Jessica, I can't just say no. Try to understand our situation here, she needs her father you like it or not." I said and stepped away from him, I was about to walk away but Daniel grabbed my upper arm. " I don't want to see you hurt again. Every time he comes back, he leaves you heartbroken. I love you so much Ashley, don't do this to me, to us." He said leaving me confused. "What are you talking about? Who said that I'm going somewhere?" I asked. If he was trying to annoy me, it worked.

" I know you Ashley, I know that every time you see his fucking face, all you want to do is run after him. I know how much you still love him, it hurts. He's not gonna change Ashley, once a cheater always a cheater, you from all the people should know that, but here you are crying your eyes out because of him." He said almost whispering. I was shocked. As much as I wanted to deny everything, he was right, I didn't know what to say. 

" I am trying Daniel, I am trying so fucking hard. what do you want me to do? I am here, standing in front of you. Don't you stand there and tell me these things. If this is how its gonna be every time Jess and Justin gonna meet than I don't need this. I don't need you to throw these things in my face. I am so sick of all this fighting, if you want to be with me than you have to accept the fact, that Justin is gonna be in Jessica's life. Get over this hate and deal with it." I said and walked away leaving him alone. 

I decided to check on Jessica so I walked to her room and sat on the small sofa next to the crib looking down at her. Today has been a big day and I am truly happy that Justin finally grew some balls and showed up. Jessica deserves to be happy even if it means that I have to see Justin now and then. I can still feel his hands around my waste, his words still lingering in my brain.

  " I love you Ashley, I always did and I always will, don't you ever forget about it."  

"I know what he was trying to do and I have to be strong. I can't give in, this has to stop for once." I whispered to myself. 

Finally after a while I left the room and found Daniel in the kitchen cooking dinner, he looked at me and was about to say something but I stopped him.

" Don't even start, I'm sick of this fighting." I said and opened the fridge taking a bottle of water out. I felt his hands making their way around my waist and he nuzzled his head in my neck. " I am sorry baby. I've shouldn't react like that. Please forgive me." He said kissing my cheek. I turned around facing him and nodded my head. " Don't worry about that, I forgive you." I said learning in, I packed his lips and sat down on one of the stools at the counter.