Chapter 13

Justin

When I walked outside Kenny were talking to Zed. I wanted to kill him. I walked up to them and looked staring in to Zed's eyes.

"Why the hell you keep doing this to her? Don't you see how broken she is? Can't you just leave her alone?" I asked calmly.

" Why do you care Bieber? She deserves this. She's a little bitch, who doesn't know what she wants." He laughed.

" I care, cuz she is my friend. Do you know what she wants the most right now? To be with her mom. She wants to die!" I said angrily.

 " What do you mean? " He asked confused. 

" Naomi died tonight. And all you want is to beat the last breath out of Ashley. I would never hit a girl. If you are a man, just walk away. Don't make this any harder for her." I said politely. He didn't say anything. He nodded his head and walked away.

" Thanks Kenny for everything. I'll see you later man.." I said and bro hugged him.

After everything cleared out I walked back inside. House was silent. I walked upstairs to see if Ashley was okay and I couldn't see her anywhere. I walked through the hallway till I heard a light crying. I opened her mother's bedroom door and there she was, sitting on the ground with a box in her lap.

I sat down next to her and just wrapped my arms around her body.

" I am so sorry about Selena, I didn't mean to keep it on a secret, but I didn't want to step in to your relationship Justin." She cried.

" It doesn't matter Ashley. It's not your fault. " I tried to calm her down.

" Can we leave? I don't want to be here anymore." She asked and I nodded. I stood up and helped her. She took the box in her hand and we walked out. Ashley was downstairs sitting on the couch till I carried all her stuff to my range rover.

" Are you ready Ashley?" I asked and she nodded giving me a little smile. She looked up to her mother's room and smiled.

" Goodbye my guardian angel." She said and walked outside.

All the way to my house she didn't let that box out of her hands. And I didn't bother to ask about it. She was really calm and I was very surprised actually.
When we arrived Ashley was sound asleep so I carried her upstairs to my room cuz it was the only furnished bedroom in this house. I carried all her stuff inside and put the box next to the bed.
I took some blankets and walked downstairs laying out the couch till I blacked out.

Ashley

I woke up from the smell of fresh cooked bacon. I didn't realize how hungry I actually was till I heard my stomach making a noise. You all probably wonder, why I'm so peaceful. That's because my mother wouldn't like to see me broken. Suddenly I heard a light knock at the door.

" Come in!" I said looking at the door.

 " Good morning Ashley. I decided to make you breakfast. I hope that you are hungry. " He said with a hopeful look. I smiled and nodded. "How are you feeling?"

" I'm okay Justin, don't worry about me. I just need some time to get use to this." I said looking at the box next to the bed. I wanted to see inside so I took it in my hands and carefully opened it.

I saw all kind of pictures of me and mom, dad, Selena, Sarah even Justin. Old pictures from Texas...
There was a small note.

*********
Memories is a good thing honey. Keep your memories safe and make new ones every day. I'm still here Ashley. You can't see me, but you can feel me. I love you. Mom....
*********
I smiled as tears escaped my eyes. I looked inside the box and my mouth almost dropped to the floor. There was money, lots of money. I couldn't believe she actually saved this money for me.

" What's the time Justin?" I asked looking at him.

" About 10:30AM, why?" I stormed out of the bed and panicked.

 " Shit, I'm late for school Justin. I'm dead." I looked for clothes.

 " Calm down, it's Saturday Ashley and anyway I called your principal this morning, you are off for the next week."

 " What, why?" I can't just stay at home.

" Sarah gonna bring all the homework for you. And you have stuff to do anyway." He said and I sat down.

" Of course, funeral." I said looking down.

 " Don't worry Ashley, I'll take care of it. You just need to sign the papers." He said and I hugged him tightly.

' I don't know, what would I do without you." I said looking at him.

" I already told you that I'm gonna be here for you. Now eat your breakfast and get ready." He said and I looked at him confused. " You are coming with me to the studio." He said and I nodded.

When Justin started to sing I couldn't stop smiling. He is amazing singer. Every word that came out of his mouth was so true and emotional. I have to say that this new song is something very big. Something amazing. My phone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID..it was Selena.

******
 " Hello?"
Selena- " Honey I am so sorry. I wish that I could be there Ashley. How are you?" She said sadly.
 " I'm okay I guess. Sooner or later it was going to happen anyway. I just try not to think about it. How are you?" I asked curious.
Selena- " I'm fine, it's hard, but life is not easy anyway." She said and I agreed. " What are you doing?" She asked and I didn't know what to say.
 " I'm actually sitting in a studio, waiting for Justin to finish what ever he's doing" I laughed.
Selena- " How is he? "
 " I don't know, he seems to be alright, at first he was angry, but everything is fine." I said looking at Justin through the glass.
Selena- " That's good. You should date him, you look cute together." She suddenly said and I laughed.
" Yeah right Sel. Not gonna happen.
Selena- " Will see about that Ashley. Okay, I have to go now. Be safe sister. I love you." She said and the line went dead. I started to think about what she said. Justin is a sweet guy, beautiful inside and out he would be a good boyfriend, but I'm just a girl. Nothing like Selena, he would never like me..