Chapter 42

Ashley

I blinked my eyes multiple times as I heard someone sobbing. My vision was blurry at first, everything was too bright, I tried to move but my body hurt with each movement and my head was pounding like crazy. I squeezed my eyes shut and opened once again hearing one of the most beautiful voices near me.

"God, I won't ask you anything else, just let her go. Give her back to me. I need her. This isn't her time yet, I am begging you. Please give her back to me."

I slowly turned my head to the side and saw a human figure standing at the window. I tried to take a better look by blinking again. 

" 'J'?" I tried to say but it came out as a whisper. Suddenly the person turned around and rushed to my side. It was Justin staring down at me with tear filled eyes. 

"Oh God, baby! I was so worried." He cried kissing my knuckles. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." He said looking at the ceiling. 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why was he crying. What was going on? Then i looked around the room and it all clicked. The oxygen mask, white room, beeping noise. I was in the hospital. 

"Wh...at happened?" I tried to say but my voice cracked. "Baby, don't talk..you need to rest." Justin said sitting next to my bed. I slowly reached for the oxygen mask and took it of breathing in the hospital air. I hate hospitals and the smell they have.

"C..an you give m..e a drink?" I asked looking at the glass full with water. He reached for it and hold it close to my lips. I gulped slowly and a sharp pain went through my body. I winced in agony and shook my head to let him know that I finished. Justin put the glass back on the nightstand and reached for the button behind my head.

"What is that for?" I asked my voice coming back to me. "I need to call the doctor. You've been sleeping for 3 days baby." He said and my eyes almost popped out. How was this possible? I don't even know how I got here and what happened to me.

"What happened?" I asked trying to sit up but Justin kept me down. "Please, don't make any sharp moves. A car hit you, and I swear to God that I will find that Motherfucker and he's gonna pay for this." He said gripping to the bed sheets. 

"No Justin, just calm down. It was an accident." I said stroking his hand lightly. " I don't give a shit Ashley, I almost lost you, I found out only last night cuz no one told me about this. You can't even imagine how angry I was to myself. I should of stay that day. This is all my fault." He said crying again.

"No 'J', stop saying that. This is not your fault. Stop blaming yourself for everything." I said smiling at him. 

"I love you so much Ashley, so so much." He said kissing my forehead. " I love you too Justin." I said and his smile grew bigger. 

Suddenly the door opened and a men with a clipboard walked in surprised.

"It is nice to see you awake Ashley, my name is Dr. Harper and I am the one in charge." He smiled looking at me. I nodded my head and watched him as he wrote something down in his clipboard.

"Can I go home?" I asked and he started to laugh, I looked at Justin and he was laughing as well. 

"You just woke up from coma darling, its gonna take much longer than a couple of minutes to get back on your feel. Besides, you have to be careful since your leg and one of the ribs are broken." He said checking something on the screen across the room. Okay, that explain the pain I felt drinking the water. 

"I got some good news for you Ashley.." He said and at the same time doors opened again and Sarah stormed inside with Daniel behind her. She rushed to my side and tried to hug me but Justin hold her back. "Sarah, you are going to hurt her." Justin hissed. I cracked a smile of his protective side and shook my head. I looked behind her and saw Daniel standing there as a lost puppy.