Chapter 29

Justin

I woke up from my phone buzzing in my pocket. I looked around to see everybody asleep on the livingroom floor. Ashley and I took the couch last night. I looked at her to make sure she's sleeping before I stood up and walked to the bedroom.

I tapped my foot on the floor impatiently dealing Selena's number, waiting for her to pick up. A nervous feeling started settling in my stomach as soon as I heard her voice.

"Why you didn't answer my messages yesterday? I was worried." Selena asked angrily.

"Sel, I can't do this. I am sorry but I can't. Please just don't make this hard on me."

"What? You said that you're gonna think about it!" She screamed through the phone.

"And I did. I don't want to do this. I can't hurt Ashley. I won't hurt her. " I said thinking about what happened yesterday. I already did something that would hurt her.

" But i love you Justin, I want to be with you. Dont you understand?" She begged.

"Stop, please. I'm with Ashley now. I can't do this. I'm sorry Selena." 

Was the last words I said before hunging up. Memories from yesterday came back to me and I plopped down in the bed.

  ****

"Baby I'm sorry for acting like this, but you mean too much to me, and I don't know what I would do if something would happen with you. Please be more careful."  I told Ashley after I picked her from the Mall. She was about to say something but my fucking phone started ringing.

I looked at the caller ID and it was Selena. I didn't want Ashley to see this so i told her that I have to answer and I left looking at her one last time. She looked broken and I don't blame her. 

Everybody looked at me as I  exited  the apartment without saying a word to them.

"Hello" I finnaly answered my phone.

" Hey Justin, I was wondering if you want to grab a lunch or something? Just as friends, you know?" She asked happily.

"Why would you think that I wanna do that?  Last night wasn't enough for you? " I spat.

"Please, just a little lunch. It wont hurt."

"Sel I'm leaving after an hour. I have no time for this."

" Okay than we make it quick. Could you meet me same place as last night after 10 minutes?" She asked not giving up.

"I don't...okay. I'm on my way." I finally agreed.

"See you there." She said and the line went dead. 

I pressed the button and waited for elevator  door to open.

When I walked outside the cold wind hit my face meking me shiver. Soon I was sitting in a boot waiting for her and as soon as she did my stomach flipped.

She looked amazing, beautiful like always. In that moment i forgot about time, about people waiting for me and most important about Ashley. All I was thinking about was Selena. 

We talked about old times, about us, everything. She told me how much she missed those times and I agreed with her but deep inside I knew excatly what she was trying to do. I couldn't stop myselt. She touched my hand and I didn't resist. Everything felt like it use to be for a moment. Time was flying.