Chapter 38 - Second chance

Mi Ho pov:

Darkness.

I floated in this endless darkness. I cant believe I actually did that to myself.....how did I get that courage at that moment?

It must have been a really stupid decision, huh? Not saying goodbye to anyone besides Madara, giving up my life like that. I didn't make sure that Lee Jae oppa was okay; if Madara had hurt him in his anger for what I did to myself, what do I do then? I couldn't because I was dead.

At first I thought that perhaps with this, I would return to my real world, to Seoul in South Korea. Perhaps everything was just a torturous dream....a dream that really hurt and by doing something as impractical as this, I would end up going back to reality. But I guess that didn't work either because this darkness didn't seem to go away.

I couldn't even open my eyes. It was like they were glued together.

A sigh escaped my lips, though I doubt anyone heard it. In this space where no one existed, who could hear a sigh or any words I said? Forget about it all, I couldn't speak anyway.

For the longest time, the darkness swirled around me. At some point though, I felt like I was actually looking at something with my eyes open. There was something or someplace in front of me and yet I couldn't see it. Some very familiar place but all hazy because of my jumbled up thoughts. I could feel a breeze, I could hear the rustling of leaves in the distance....why was I able to hear and feel things when I shouldn't even be aware of anything? I shouldn't even be aware of who I was because I was no longer alive, right?

"You're rather comfortable, aren't you?" I heard a voice that made me blink. Suddenly, I could see a backyard, the night sky studded with thousands of stars. My heart was pounding and I looked to the side at the source of the voice. My eyes went so wide, they hurt. There in the middle of the grass covered backyard stood Madara.

Long black hair, sharingan glowing.

I staggered on my feet breathing heavily. "Ma....M-madara?" I asked completely flabbergasted. He narrowed his eyes at me. "Who were you expecting? Tobirama perhaps? After all, you chose him over me." My jaw was completely slack as I watched him.

What....what was going on?

"You....y-you're really Madara, right? I'm not dreaming....or in some sort of genjutsu, am I?" I stuttered out. He frowned and walked closer to me. "Are you so in love with that pathetic Senju that you cant even tell the difference between reality and fantasy anymore?" He sneered out.

This Madara....he was the same person from the past. From the time I first came to this world. His way of talking, the way he commented about the Senju, his level of power....this wasn't the Madara with the Rinnegan I had met. This wasn't the Madara who was revived to fight the battle and get the whole world under his control. This was....was I back in the past?

There was a blanket on my shoulders and it dropped to a heap on the ground when I stepped back. I was kind of freaking out right now.

Madara narrowed his eyes, but I dashed out of the backyard to the front door of the house I was in. I opened the door, clumsily hitting my arm against the door in the process. I winced but staggered outside to the road. I looked around, able to sense all the Senjus, the Uchihas and few other clans scattered around the village. I looked up at the Hokage Mountain to see scaffolding. Hashirama's face. The first Hokage's face was still in its initial stages of being carved out.

I ran back inside my room looking around at the furniture, the things arranged on the table, everything. Madara was watching me like I had grown another head but I ignored him for the time being. I ran to one of the tables in the living room, opening the drawer and ransacking through the contents.....my hologram generator, my cell phone, my headphones, everything still in tack with 2/3rds of the power still available.