Chapter 3 - Ninja world? You've got to be kidding!

Tobirama pov:

"Please Ni sama, this isn't the time to be sulking." I sighed exasperatedly seeing my brother with a constant pout. He had taken over our father as the new leader of the Senju clan and yet his childish stubborn behavior still seemed to surface every now and then.

"Tobirama! How am I supposed to marry someone I don't even know? Just because we have to join hands with the Uzumaki clan, it doesn't mean I have to marry one of them." He whined and I sighed again. "She is the jinchuriki of the nine tails, her name is Uzumaki Mito and she has a good personality according to people who describe her. What more do you need to know? Besides, you cant say no without even meeting her. This is a union between two of the strongest clans that exist. You know its very important." I said trying to convince him but he sighed and pouted more.

Sometimes I wonder how he manages the clan.

We were interrupted when we heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I said and I heard someone talk on the other side. "Wait here." Then Raito walked in and closed the door behind him. I narrowed my eyes sensing another chakra behind the door. It wasn't a familiar chakra and on a whole it was very different from any kind of chakra I had ever sensed before. Aniki seemed to notice it too and he sat up straight and we looked at Raito as he walked to the table and got down on one knee in front of us.

"Hashirama sama, Tobirama sama." He said and aniki nodded. "You have returned. How was the mission?" "We weren't able to get much Intel. The Uchihas found us and we had to escape. Hatsuko got separated from us and we continued to gather Intel while on the run. We found Hatsuko wounded badly several hours later....but Kuzuma has taken him to the hospital now so he should be alright." I narrowed my eyes.

Uchiha Madara had succeeded the Uchiha clan along with his brother Izuna. Ever since he acquired his mangekyou sharingan, the Uchihas had become even more violent and merciless than before. As a result, the younger ones of our clan were becoming targets. They didn't want us to become stronger and continue the bloodline. Of course, they underestimated the Senju. We were much better than them in terms of knowledge and stealth. Even though they had brute power, it was going to need more than that for them to overthrow us.

But this doesn't mean that I underestimated them. Madara himself was calculating and cunning; using every situation in a way that was advantageous to him. And under his influence, other members of the Uchiha clan were gaining better skill at tackling us Senju.

"I see. Its good that Hatsuko survived." Aniki said and I narrowed my eyes when his expression changed to slight discomfort. "What is it?" I asked sternly and he stood up. He didn't speak for a moment; he hesitated and it made me more suspicious. "Does your silence have something to do with the person waiting outside?"

Hatsuko stiffened and aniki let out a breath. "Judging from your reaction, it must be. His chakra signature is very different and rather strange." Aniki said and I nodded. His chakra was very....hmm, how do you put it? Unique I suppose.

"Actually, when we found Hatsuko, she was with him." "So its a girl?" I asked and Raito nodded. "We thought she was the one who had attacked him, but apparently she had stopped his wound from bleeding out and had put a temporary bandage. She said she was sitting with him for almost four hours." I narrowed my eyes.

Obviously she wasn't a member of the Uchiha then. Her chakra was different from theirs, even the from the Uchiha females since the Uchiha had the ideology that women were just to serve the men who fought and bear heirs to continue the Uchiha bloodline. We had never met one in battle, but e had met a few during a failed negotiation to form an alliance. Besides, no Uchiha would bother helping a person from any other clan; not even on a whim.