Chapter 5

Thoughts, millions of dreams filling my mind as he sat across from me. I looked at my phone case and smiled. Finally a day that I get to spend with the man of my dreams! But then, something in my mind ruined my life. The worst dream I ever had went into my mind, the nightmare I had. I'll just tell you what it was about.

My dream started out perfect, it was just me and Robert together but then, he happened. A large man dressed in all black attire following us, we didn't pay any attention to him just thinking he was a man walking around. But then, a bullet went right through Robert's head. He fell to the ground lifeless and the man to only be Aldrich Killian, I tried to get him but he immediately vanished. As I looked at Robert laying on the ground I fell to my knees and called 9-1-1. They rushed to our location and tried to help Robert but, it was to late. My love, the man of my dreams, gone. Dead, forever, the rest of the time was dark, felt like my life had no meaning anymore. Just dark, broken, lost... forever.

But that was just a dream, luckily. But ever so often does that dream come back to haunt me, I shook away the memory and tried to focus on the night. How I actually get to be with a person I love. But as if planned Robert took my hand and we walked down to the beach, the sun was just setting. The sky a orangish-pink color and a few white clouds roamed the sky. He stood facing me, those eyes, that hair, that smile, just so perfect all I could do was blush. He leaned in close to me and right as the sun went down he gave me a kiss. "OH MY GOD DID HE JUST...." I thought to myself. I kissed back, my gosh this can't possibly be true! We sat on the sand for a while, both of our phones were at the mansion, as we sat and talked I didn't say much, all the excitement was just filling inside of me.

"So, I'm sorry if I creeped you out a little, Miranda" He said

"What? You didn't creep me out at all, I just have so much things running through my head I can't focus well" I responded.

"Yeah? Like what?"

"Oh, nothing, just thoughts... and dreams ... and um nightmares" I said quietly.

His smile dissapeared in concern, "Nightmares?" He said as if he just woke up from one.

I nodded and looked out across the water, "Yeah, It's just when I saw your smile and looked into your eyes the nightmare went into my head..."

"Was it about me? Did I hurt you?" He questioned.

"No... you didn't. You actually... died"

He sat in silence, why did I have to tell him that? He is now going to hate me. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah.. just fine. But, how did I- or what happened?"

"Aldrich Killian, he is real.. not an actor, the actual person. Like in Iron Man 3, he came up behind us and shot you." I explained.

"Oh..." He said.

Wow I need to learn how to shut up because now, I feel like a crazy person. He put his arm around me and kissed my cheek lightly. "It's okay, I'm alright. I promis"

"You promise?"

"Yeah. I promise"

Wow, now I feel better. If he promises me that nothing will happen to him, then he should keep that promise. Right?

Right.