Chapter 40

I just can't stop thinking about how stupid I am to forget my phone, I feel horrible now because if Robert was in trouble I won't know.  Amanda kept telling me everything would be okay but I just didn't listen. We sat in the theater room and turned on Doctor Who. 

"Can we watch The Impossible Astronaut?" I asked, she looked at me and laughed, nodding. It was funny because that's always the one I want to watch first, then we just go down the line. As she turned it on I just watched, thinking to myself and sometimes mumbling my thoughts. Amanda would just lightly hit me to get me to stop. 

"Oh my god... What if he gets shot by an astronaut?!" I said and jumped up, of course whatever happened on the screen I took into thought about it could hurt Robert.

"Miranda. An astronaut will not come up and "shoot" Robert. Lets go swim." She said and stood up, grabbing my wrist and took me up to her room, it was pretty big, it was two rooms connected and had a walk in closet and her personal bathroom. I swear this woman is freaking rich. 

"Get your swim suit on." She said handing me my bag and pushing me into the bathroom, she closed the door and I sighed, leaning against the door. I changed quickly into my Marvel bikini and got out my journal. I sat on the floor and began to write.

Robert: i am so so sorry I can't text you. I left my phone at my house and I can't go get it. Please promise me you'll be safe. I miss you so much and I don't want you to get hurt. I would be devastated if you ever got hurt, not to mention I would blame it on myself for not having my phone. I'll maybe call you tonight if I remember your number, I probably don't so just, please be safe. Amanda and I are going to go swimming now, but please, if you remember my mom's number call her immediately if you feel like you're in danger, I know you can't read this but, I just need to get everything out in here than to Amanda. I love you, and I'll see you when you get home. -Miranda

Just as I got finished Amanda knocked on the door.

"Miranda? Are you ready?" She asked. I jumped up and put my journal in my bag, opening the door. 

"yup." I said with a smile.

"You look lovely." She said and grabbed my hand, walking down to the pool.

"You do too!" I said, she was wearing her galaxy bikini. It looked amazing on her, but not me. I'm more of a superhero bikini person. Once we got to the pool she brought me over to the edge.

"jump in 3... 2-" Before she could say 1 I pushed her in. She yelped once she was pushed and then immediately swam to the top, she looked at me and crossed her arms.

"Jerk." 

"assbutt." I said and laughed. i jumped in and splashed her, I actually completely forgot the whole what if something happened to Robert for the whole time at the pool. We swam and just had fun. it was dark when we got out, we actually would've stayed in longer if her mom wouldn't have said dinner was ready. We were having mac and cheese with fish sticks. It was really good I'll admit. We both took showers and dried our hair, it was almost 10 when we both got settled down, I was going to sleep on the couch like normal but that's just because that couch is freaking comfy. She fell asleep almost instantly, i just laid there, starring up at the ceiling, wishing I could text Robert. I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep after a while, actually, this was the best sleep I've gotten since Robert left. No nightmares, just peaceful sleep. I was the first to wake up in the morning, it was 9:30, Amanda was still fast asleep, like always. I got up and went downstairs to the kitchen. Her mom was at work and so was her dad, so I just grabbed an apple and sat at the table, her house was huge so it seemed like it was so empty without anyone around.  It was 10 when Amanda came down, still half asleep. 

"Good morning sunshine." I said with a smile, looking at her. 

"meh." she said and just walked over to the cabinet, getting out a little box of fruit loops. She turned and looked at me, she just starred at me and frankly, it was creepy.

"Are you still asleep?" I asked. She shook her head and grabbed a hand full of cereal, she ate all of it in like one bite which was pretty amazing. Then all of a sudden she jumped and ran upstairs, just out of nowhere, ran upstairs. I waited for a second then slowly made my way up the stairs and to her room. 

"Um Amanda?" I asked, looking through the door at her, she was packing. Why?

"Shush and put on clothes!!" She commanded, I nodded and changed into my Marvel shorts and a Marvel shirt, I just left my hair in a bun and looked at her, she was already ready. She grabbed my hand and raced downstairs with me.

"Hey slow down!!" I said, we got to the door and she stopped, smiling.

"Let's go." She said.

" Go where?" I asked.

"To see Robert on set."