Chapter 34

Why me? 

Why. Me.

I mean what did I ever do to have all this happen to me? My life is so confusing now it's too much, first he wanted me to go back to Robert now he is kissing me what is this?! 

"Miranda?" Tom asked and snapped me out of my thoughts, I looked at him silently, just speechless. I mean I know he's supposed to be a gentleman and all but that, really?!

"Why.." is all I could say, he just looked at me and shrugged. Oh my god I wanted to slap him so hard because hes also betraying Robert and that is so unlike Tom.

"Why don't you just go." I said and stepped back a few feet.

"Wait please don't"

"Bye Tom" I said and turned around walking back to my house. 

Once I got there I was expecting for it to just be my mom then I saw Amanda, she looked at me and smiled. Finally someone who would know what I'm going through, I mean my mom does it's just she doesn't understand with Robert that much. 

"Amanda!!!" I said happily and hugged her. 

"I missed you Miranda! Your mom told me what happend and to help make you feel better we are going to a part, or a ball type thing!"

"Oh my god, really?!"

"Yep! We will spend most of the day getting ready ya know going shopping and stuff if that's okay with you."

"Definitely! Let's go!" I said and we went out to her car and drove away, we got our hair done mine was just curled but with a princess touch to it and so was Amandas, we got our nails done also then it was time to pick out dresses. Amanda found this green ball gown which was poofy and amazing, but mine I picked blue because it reminded me of Robert I don't know why but it did, probably because of Tony Starks arc reactor. Then we went back home and put the dresses on, they looked amazing!! Then we went off to the ball, it was rather fancy, a little too fancy but I don't care.

"Come on Miranda let's go!!" Amanda said pulling me onto the dance floor, everyone was dancing all fancy like it was cool.

"I don't want to, please" I begged for her to stop pulling me but she kept on doing it so I just let her pull me into the middle of the dance floor then a slow song came on, it was "Rain King" by Counting Crows but it was the slower version not the faster one, this one always made me cry.

"nonono Amanda let me go" I said and she refused then all of a sudden she just let go and left me standing there why everyone else was dancing. I started to tear up just from seeing all the people with the ones they love then all of a sudden everyone left... what was going on? 

Then when the lyrics "she's been crying and I've been thinking" came one everyone made a path and that's when I saw him.

AN: Okay I just wanted to stop there because I love cliffhangers!!