Chapter 23

Now I know what you're thinking, was I never really happy? Well it depends on how you define happy, with my father, well, he was never really home. Also he wasn't as nice to me as I wished, me and my mother would spend nights hugging eachother because my father would come home drunk and wreak the entire house. I just wish that in the time he was here he would've acutally spent time with me and my mother. I don't even think she misses him, just then, she looked over at me and grabbed my hand and led me into the piano room making sure Robert stayed there, and that's just what he did. She looked into my eyes and smiled, I've never seen her this happy. Is it becauses my dads gone? Or is it because Robert's here? 

"Miranda, I've been meaning to tell you that, well before your father died he and I got a divorce. I never wanted to tell you so he and I made sure to keep it a secret, but now he's gone and so I just wanted to tell you." She said. I knew it... something was different about them, I hardley ever saw my mother wear her wedding ring, and how she slept on the couch while my father got the bed. I should've known. 

"I understand, I'm acutally glad he's gone Mom. I hated him, he was always so mean." I said and hugged her tightly. 

Just then Robert knocked on the wall next to the room entry, I giggled and said "Come in!" He walked in and smiled, I looked at my mom as her eyes lit up with joy to see him, that look, I've never seen on here before. Never with my father, Robert can be that way, he gets almost everyone that truley knows him to love him! Unlike my father, he held my hand gently and lifted it up to his mouth and lightly kissed it, just like a prince would do in a fairytale! 

But, he is a prince.. in my fairytale. I looked over at my mother as she began to leave to give us privacy, she was so sweet like that, and I think she knows that Robert is a good man and wouldn't do anything horrible. He then wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. All I did was stare into those big brown eyes, I  just couldn't get over them, I mean.. who could? Then I snapped out of my little dream by him kissing me, every so softly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled under the kiss, he was an amazing man and now... he actually kissed me! Robert Downey Jr. kissed me!!! 

Oh about an hour later we walked out of the piano room like nothing ever happened, and not much happened.. that you know of, and nothing bad either. My mother was in the living room watching Gothika, I loved that movie and so does she. We both have very good taste in movies, well most of them are RDJ movies. We sat down and watched it with her, it just started so we just continued watching. I got scared in some parts and when I did I squeezed Robert's hand and he laughed. But we just had an RDJ movie marathon, he loves watching his movies and seeing how he was. To me.. this is my new family. I love this!